Sweet Georgia Brown

Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,717Member
As mentioned elsewhere I'm taking the opportunity to try and (finally) figure out this jazz malarky. I do have a preference for early jazz - swing, basically. And especially gypsy swing. There's a chap who live ten or twelve miles away who plays a bit in this style and we've been talking about getting together and jamming. But we're yet to actually do so. However, we're using all this spare time to start the project virtually, so despite never playing together we've come up with a few things. We actually have a very good double bass player who's keen to get involved. So who knows? By the time this is all over we might have us a swing trio!

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,107Member, Moderator
    Brilliant. One of my favourite pieces of music. I have Brother Bones and His Shadows (Harlem Globe Trotter version) and a Joe Wilder version on my iPod.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,717Member
    Cheers Jocko. There'll be another one soon. We've just all finished playing our parts on I Can't Give You Anything But Love. Our man with the skills is now creating a video...
    And here 'tis:

Next one in the series:

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,223Member
    *Applause !* Thoroughly enjoyed !!!

That really is your thang, Derek !
    edited May 2
    What I'd give to be in a pub listening to music like that right now. Very well done all involved !
    Cheers, Kevin. One of the benefits of lockdown - I get to focus on a new style without the distraction of gigs and, thus, having to rehearse other stuff.
    Well I think it's time well spent. A blessing in disguise. You must make much more of this when you get out.