Cort G290 Fat - looks terrific!

MegiMegi Posts: 7,182Member
Yesterday was leafing through a guitar magazine in Tescos (as you do) and noticed a brief review of the new Cort G290 Fat guitar. Rather liked the look of it - it looks to take some inspiration from the boutique Suhr Modern style, but for my taste is actually an improved design compared to that, since it has a 22 fret, rather than the Suhr's 24 fret, neck. I just feel a 22 fret allows the neck pickup to be in a better place (taste of course though). Anyhow, a nice-looking thing, and we haven't heard a lot from Cort of late, so this is good. Notice Richard has done a nice video for it too (would have liked a few clean tones demoed also Richard but still much appreciated :) ) I find this guitar most tempting at the price anyhow, especially that lovely blue finish version.

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,169Member
    That sounds really great !
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,182Member
    Some nice jazzy clean tone on this demo:

I know in a way it's just another solid body guitar, and I have enough already, but something about this model just calls to me. GAS is not a logical thing.
  • Pete_BPete_B Posts: 562Member
    Just no Megi! It's not a Shine, put it down and walk away!
    There is no Mojo!
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,182Member
    Pete_B said:

Just no Megi! It's not a Shine, put it down and walk away!

Pretty looking guitar though Pete :smile: But those Shines, great guitars. My red one may need a re-fret before long, it's been played so much.