Rumours of Fleetwood Mac

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,169Member
edited April 8 in Guitar Chat
This is quite possibly the best band I have ever seen. An authorised tribute band of Fleetwood Mac. 'Stevie Nicks' is spot on. My wife, lad and I saw them last night. Front row tickets were £38 compared to the real thing's cheapest £130 only to be seated way back.

https://www.rumoursoffleetwoodmac.com/

Comments

• LesterLester Posts: 1,670Member, Moderator
    edited April 8
    That sounds like a band worth catching. Thanks for the recommendation, Kevin.

I saw a U2 cover band where the music was excellent but the singer was not.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,169Member
    It's a really good light show too. The audience were on their feet - all those hips creaking made a bit of a noise.
  • onemanbandonemanband Posts: 94Member
    edited July 20
    £38.oo to watch somebody pretending to be someone else!!!
    Sorry, I just don’t get this “tribute” thing. Much rather simply just watch a decent pub band doing a few FM covers.
    Mike Campbell playing with the REAL FM now........dream ticket!!
    Just suspend a bit of belief and you can easily think you're watching the real thing. The musicians are worth every penny to watch. I've yet to see a pub band do an authentic representation of FM it takes a lot of skill and talent which I'm more than happy to pay for.
  • onemanbandonemanband Posts: 94Member

Just suspend a bit of belief and you can easily think you're watching the real thing. The musicians are worth every penny to watch. I've yet to see a pub band do an authentic representation of FM it takes a lot of skill and talent which I'm more than happy to pay for.

And I respect your choice.
    As I said, I just don’t get any so called “tribute” thingy; everyone KNOWS it’s not the real thing.
    I agree there are some poor “pub” bands around, but there are also some VERY good ones not only doing covers but also including some excellent self penned material too.
    They’re not trying to be doppelgängers, just playing good covers; there may be a few bum notes but for me, that’s the real deal, and I’m not paying to see what are in essence just clones!

edited July 25
    I don't suppose it's a case of either/or... I'm happy to watch both.
    edited July 26
    The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra aren't the originals playing Bach. Is there any point in training to be a professional musician, do you think ?