Every Home Should Have One

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,143Member
Vintage V300 Folk Acoustic Guitar, Mahogany

I acquired this from my son several months ago and changed the strings to D'addario phosphor bronze. This thing just gets better and better and I've never experienced that with a guitar before. They can still be had for cheapo guitar money (£170) but it is up there with the £1000 plus instruments in sound and playability. It is as good a guitar as anyone could possibly need.

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,143Member
    Vintage V300MH (not to be confused with its spruce stablemate which is not in the same league.)
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,658Member, Moderator
    I can imagine that that guitar would sound good with phospher bronze strings. As for the mahogany top and whether every home should have one - which I see is Vintage's advertising slogan - I think that some guitarists require a guitar that supports a voice while others want one to project a lead sound, so the woods, strings and pickups all contribute to the desired sound.
    edited February 28
    As for the slogan - what it means is that, at this price, it is very easy to have one.

For £600 outlay I got a really good slope shouldered copy and a really good 00015m substitute. The slope shouldered is 95% of what I wanted and the V300... well... dare I say it ?

Both accommodating a wide variety of taste and uses for 1/4 of the cost of a boutique guitar.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,153Member
    You certainly make a persuasive case for the V300MH KP and glad it is working out so well for you. Wish I were a more skilled acoustic guitarist really, but I suspect if I did get one myself, I would not get the best value or potential from it. But you still tempt me!
  • Just TelJust Tel Posts: 512Member
    Megi said:

Wish I were a more skilled acoustic guitarist really, but I suspect if I did get one myself, I would not get the best value or potential from it.

Don't put yourself down. I'm sure that you do a fantastic job of anything you do guitar wise so get your wallet out and buy one. You know you want to.

You can afford to be s*** at these silly prices.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 939Member
    Thanks for the recommendation. It’s good to know which cheapies are truly worth having.