Kanye West

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,091Member
edited October 14 in Totally Not Guitars
First this week was Taylor Swift - now it's Kanye (don't get me on Bono.)

It's good to have one saying Trump is rubbish and the other saying Trump is great because now I can say quite impartially "Why is what you think on politics more reliable than my mechanic ?"

Whatever political leanings... what makes musicians so political ? In fact a high proportion of music is political, very much of it I would say.

I was watching the coloured in footage of WW1 soldiers and all of them were jolly.. the music was jolly and light hearted... I'm sure there was a lot of media manipulation going on but even those who had seen battle seemed jolly.

Today everything's so miserable. Radio 1. You'd think everyone had just come out of some cataclysmic event such as WW1 or WW2 listening to the hopelessness in the bereft voices but they haven't.

The best of times brings the saddest music - the worst of times the happiest.

Not strictly true, as anyone who has been to a Remembrance service will know but I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,012Member, Moderator
    I watched his meeting with Trump. Unusual to see so much sh*te in one place, outwith a sewage plant.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,091Member
    Well. It's called the Oval Orifice for a reason, Jocko.

(I expect what you just wrote there sounds even more hilarious in a Scottish accent.)
    Take heart. Sewage is always passing through.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 891Member
    Publicity! Kanye probably has a new album coming out.
    So does Barbara Streisand.

I'm afraid this is dire enough to make anyone vote Trump.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 891Member
    Is Babs building the Mexican wall too?
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,117Member
    I'm a bit of a Barbra S fan, but oh dear re the above. Music with political messages in general I'm a bit wary of - I don't like being told what to think, and the points are often made in a clumsy, naff way. Not that I would vote for Trump, if I had the option to do so, which of course I don't. But Babs is at best preaching to the converted there, which is pointless really, and musically, they're used to better from her.
    I think she has the perfect voice and I quite like her quirky nose and boss eyes. This is a bit of a let down. I think it will further entrench both sides.