The Entertainer

Having a bash at a bit of ragtime, as opposed to my normal ragtime blues.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=d96zYBn4G6M

Cheers
Derek

Comments

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,012Member, Moderator
    Brilliant. One of my favourite pieces. I must be one of the few with a well worn album of Scott Joplin rags!
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,117Member
    Love this stuff, has cheered up a bit of a dreary morning for me, bravo and cheers Derek! :)
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,117Member
    Derek, you just inspired me buy something - years and years ago, I was lent a copy of "Fingerpicking Joplin" by Spencer Dodge, which now seems out of print. Anyhow, I've alway remembered that it had some really well done, very playable arrangements, including a very good one for The Entertainer, and the lovely Heliotrope Bouquet, which I had more or less learnt when I had to give the book back, but now seem to have forgotten. This was about 30 years ago though... :D

Anyhow, just ordered a second-hand library copy from an ebay seller in the states, £13 odd quid with postage, so not bad.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,684Member
    Cheers guys! I don't think I'll ever nail it properly, but this is close enough for the time being :-)
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,091Member
    edited October 12
    Tricky piece, well played. I used to do this one in restaurants. I knew it went well whenever it was ignored.
    Tanglewood TW40. Excellent guitar !
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 891Member
    Sweet playing!
    Cheers chaps. Yes, that TW40 is lovely - the extra mm width on the neck is great for fingerstyle.
    About £700 now.
    I can imagine. I have two from the TW series - the 40 and the 60. Both wonderful guitars. I bought both mine second hand for a lot less. Wish I'd picked up a 73 when they were affordable, too.