Guinness world record attempt

FretbuzzFretbuzz Posts: 1Member
Hey everyone!
My names Dave, and I've been playing guitar since 1975 after a friend of mine bought a guitar from a catalogue only to realise after it was delivered that he had forgotten to mention he was left handed!! So I took therepayments over, and the rest..... blah blah.
Anyway, I have a massive challenge this summer, one of which I hope you guys on here might be interested in?
I'm looking to break a Guinness world record at the Ealing blues festival for amassing up to 400 electric guitarists to play simultaneously 'Heroes' by David Bowie.
I've had a great response so far but I'm still falling short of numbers....If anyone can help, please do contact me.

Many thanks
Dave

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,043Member
    edited June 22
    I couldn't think of anything worse.

A stunt like that in the '70s and I would have ended up shooting Norris McWhirter.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,599Member, Moderator
    Fine. I'll send a fiver not to do it.

It's like

"I'm raising money for prostate research. Will you give me some money."

"Hmm. Here're some needles. Stick them in your eyes first then I'll give you some money for prostate research."

And from the video it looks like it would be 400 blokes who look and sound exactly like me.

The world can do without that.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,599Member, Moderator
    582 drummers

400+ guitarists

I hope Dave manages it - it will be fun for all the guitarists who are there, a challenge for the electrician and Kevin may not hear it, depending on how close to Ealing he lives.

Question: How many electric guitarists does it take to blow a fuse?

It sounds like a joke but 400 outlets for 400 amps plus how many will extra outlets for their pedalboards will require how many extension leads and just how much juice?
    No. Seriously. Good luck with it.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 860Member
    Robert fripp would be proud!