The 7 Tiger Moves (keep fit)

2»

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,071Member
    I tried cycling up a nearby hill recently. Nearly killed me. You have to work at new exercises whatever your fitness level. A friend of mine is a window cleaner. People tell him all the time that he must be fit going up and down ladders all day but he says your body gets used to it. The body needs variety.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 885Member
    Good points Kevin, I do push the lawnmower a lot and of course walking to and being on the allotment all add up. It's those long hours commuting and driving a desk that can take thier toll. With dark nights pending it would be too easy to do less activity but I'm determined that won't be the case.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,678Member
    I do a fair bit of cycling, although not as much as many these days. Got up to 100 miles last autumn, but this year my longest ride has been 56. I've actually been concentrating on short, sharp, but very steep hills. I'm lucky that within 15 minutes cycling time I can choose from a variety that go from the steep to the ludicrously steep. I have managed to get up them all this year, and recently when I've had an hour to spare, I just go and do them again. I'm not convinced it's doing me any good though. It's so hard I wouldn't be surprised if it's not dangerous.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,071Member
    I get that, Derek. Tried a couple around here (literally one turning away.) I settle for running up them instead.