Faith Blood Moon Neptune

Bob IsaacBob Isaac Posts: 78Member
This just arrived this afternoon. I have not played it yet as I normally let a new guitar stand a few days after being in a warehouse and lorry. The grain on these is amazing and varies such a lot. You need to see the exact guitar you are buying, which is a problem sometimes when buying online. Fortunately Peach Guitars show the actual guitars and serial numbers so you can choose.

This is my second Faith, the other being the Neptune HiGloss. I expected better cases, the interior is not the best. They are obviously not the Deluxe cases which have the green interior.

Bob

2009: Roy Orbison Epiphone 12-String FT-112
2012: Washburn WJ130EK
2014: Masterbilt AJ-500RCE | Faith HiGloss Neptune
2015: Epi EJ-200SCE
2016: Masterbilt AJ-45ME | Masterbilt EF-500RCCE | Masterbilt DR-500MCE | Masterbilt Century DeLuxe Classic
2017: Faith Blood Moon Neptune

Comments

• nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 661Member
    What a lovely finish! I don't know how you let it sit there for more than a couple of minutes without playing it! Beautiful. Are the shells of the deluxe/non-deluxe cases the same?
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,862Member
    Sweet.

Lovely translucent glow about it.
  • Bob IsaacBob Isaac Posts: 78Member

What a lovely finish! I don't know how you let it sit there for more than a couple of minutes without playing it! Beautiful. Are the shells of the deluxe/non-deluxe cases the same?

I have a Neptune HiGloss as well so that keeps me away from the Blood Moon. I am not sure about the Faith cases. Online the standard are black and the Deluxe brown with green interior. My 2014 HiGloss has a brown case but a brownish interior. The 2017 Blood Moon also has a brown case (but slightly different shape around the headstock area) and also a brownish interior. The interior is nowhere as good as the Epiphone cases. So I don't know if the cases that come with the top end Faith's are deluxe or not.

Bob

2016: Masterbilt AJ-45ME | Masterbilt EF-500RCCE | Masterbilt DR-500MCE | Masterbilt Century DeLuxe Classic
    Interesting. I wouldn’t have imagined that Epi cases would be better. Good to know :)
  • Bob IsaacBob Isaac Posts: 78Member
    The Epi cases have a better interior, more plush and padding. The Faith case has a fairly strong wooden body and better catches than the Epi case. The Faith case interior is fairly thin and the finish could be better. But this is just on the cases that came with the guitars so I don't know if the 'after market' ones have a different interior. Hard to tell from pictures. The interior of the cases that came with the guitars is an orange-brownish colour, but the Deluxe ones advertised in shops and the Faith web site have a green interior.

Bob
    Oooh. Plush and padding.

Boss-Girl does larf when she sees the guitar case I have. All velvety and luxurious. She says "'twas a time when you used to treat me like that !"

Oooh. Plush and padding.

Boss-Girl does larf when she sees the guitar case I have. All velvety and luxurious. She says "'twas a time when you used to treat me like that !"

Hahahah! You used to put her in a soft padded case?
    edited October 24
    Well, not quite. But petals on the bed for my precious when love was new.

Now the dog gets prime spot for cuddles so his toys on the bed and she gets the marital equivalent of an unlined gig bag.
    She could end up going over the side and I'd be upset - but not the worst thing in the world.

(That would be a non-gig scratch on my geeetar)