Hello from another newbie here.

Hello folks, decided to add this forum to my list.

Started playing in the early 60's as I think many here probably did, with a beat-up old acoustic, but it did well. Though the Shadows tunes didn't sound the same. I then got a Hofner blonde electro-acoustic that did me for quite a few years. Then I gave it up when I left home because of the job I had taken up, and then a family came along. After that I did not pick up a guitar for about 30+ years.

Some years ago I decided to get back into it, as I was drowned in music from very young. I was professionally taught on the cello and trumpet when I was in school, and my Dad was trained at the Royal Military School of Music at Kneller Hall.

Although I don't have much spare time I pick up one of my music sticks each day and learn (again) from places like YouTube. Just starting to learn fingerpicking.

Bob
2009: Roy Orbison Epiphone 12-String FT-112
2012: Washburn WJ130EK
2014: Masterbilt AJ-500RCE | Faith HiGloss Neptune
2015: Epi EJ-200SCE
2016: Masterbilt AJ-45ME | Masterbilt EF-500RCCE | Masterbilt DR-500MCE | Masterbilt Century DeLuxe Classic
2017: Faith Blood Moon Neptune

Comments

• nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 661Member
    Welcome, Bob. May the tones of a thousand strings haunt the corridors of your home once more.

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,862Member
    Hi Bob.

I wasn't born in the early sixties and I'm old :(
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 823Member
    Hello Bob and welcome.

Since you've made a brief introduction you might take a peek in the Diary section and start one of your own. It's quite theraputic and entertaining for the rest of us ;-)
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    Bob, it's good to see you here. I used to teach a group of 20 at an evening class. I notices each year that the class was mostly made up of teeneagers that could not afford private lessons but also a handful of guys, usually in the 50s, who had come to reignite their passion now that children had gone off to university. Your story reminded me of these guys.
  • Bob IsaacBob Isaac Posts: 78Member
    ESBlonde said:

Hello Bob and welcome.

Since you've made a brief introduction you might take a peek in the Diary section and start one of your own. It's quite theraputic and entertaining for the rest of us ;-)

When I get the time....LOL

Bob
    2009: Roy Orbison Epiphone 12-String FT-112
    2012: Washburn WJ130EK
    2014: Masterbilt AJ-500RCE | Faith HiGloss Neptune
    2015: Epi EJ-200SCE
    2016: Masterbilt AJ-45ME | Masterbilt EF-500RCCE | Masterbilt DR-500MCE | Masterbilt Century DeLuxe Classic
    2017: Faith Blood Moon Neptune
    ESBlonde said:

Hello Bob and welcome.

Highly recommended :)
    Or just troll everyone else's posts like I do.

Or just troll everyone else's posts like I do.

I’m right behind you,
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    To me there is a great difference between a troll and a chatterbox. Keep going, you two, as you are both brilliant at helping to keep this place alive and friendly.
    Aww thanks Lester :) Let the chat continue !
    *Blushes.*
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 764Member
    Hi Bob, and welcome