Just thought I'd pop my head in the door.

JockoJocko Posts: 6,871Member, Moderator
Hi, guys. Not been around for a while. I am not playing guitar anymore, though I do still have most of the "girls". My youngest grandson has taken up the guitar (nothing to do with me), so I can see me passing some stuff on to him.
I thought I'd pop my head in the door and see how many of the old crowd are still around.

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,226Member
    Good to hear from you - hope you're well! :smile:

Shame you've stopped playing guitar, but who knows - maybe in starting to pass things on to your grandson it'll start up an interest again.

I don't know what I'd do to fill up all the spare time if I stopped playing.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,520Member, Moderator
    Hello Jocko, I miss you as I have learned so many things from your practical guitar and electrical (or should that be electronic) knowledge and experience. I am pleased to hear you are well and that watching your grandchildren playing guitar must be of great encouragement. Like the rest of us, do pop in here from time to time.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,816Member
    edited October 2
    God. I thought you were dead !

It's like having Jesus at the Supper of Emmaus.

GRRREAT to see you, Jocko.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,792Member
    Terrific to hear from you Jocko - please do at least keep popping your head in the door from time to time. :)
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 814Member
    Hello Jocko, great to hear from you.
  • BryBry Posts: 642Member
    'Ow do Jocko! :)
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 619Member
    Hey Jocko, from one of the newbs :)
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,636Member
    Jocko! Great to see you, however briefly. I was getting worried as you hadn't been on the photography site either. I shall relax now.
  • dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member
    Hi Jocko,

I only just popped back in myself. I stopped playing a few years ago when I stopped showing up here. I just restarted (again), this time obsessed with classical (again).
  • DaveBassDaveBass Posts: 3,302Member
    Welcome back, Jocko.

Playing an instrument is like riding a bike: you'll never forget what you've learnt and you'll always be able to play. (With a few wobbles at first perhaps!) One day maybe you'll pick up a guitar, strum a few chords and think "I didn't know I could still do this. Feels good!"

Dave
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 619Member
    DaveBass said:

Welcome back, Jocko.

Playing an instrument is like riding a bike: you'll never forget what you've learnt and you'll always be able to play. (With a few wobbles at first perhaps!) One day maybe you'll pick up a guitar, strum a few chords and think "I didn't know I could still do this. Feels good!"

Dave

It also really hurts if you fall over while doing it. And you spend your whole life talking about your first bike/guitar and how you learned how to do it!