Air on a G String

Hi guys,

This is my first post in some time. I've been quite busy practising and occasionally gigging :)
This is my arrangement and effort at Air on a G String by J.S.Bach. I hope you enjoy it...

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,792Member
    Too good mate! :)
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 758Member
    Beautiful
  • MarkbluesMarkblues Posts: 75Member
    Thanks guys
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 616Member
    Good to hear from you, Mark. Literally.
    Gorgeous!
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,813Member
    Mark

You've reinvigorated my passion in guitar. Mostly through the professional postings you do.

So...

I have:

- A Dell computer (Windows 7)

- A Samsung S5 camera phone (great visuals)

- A Rhode NT3 mic (great audio detailing)

- some connectors...

Can I do the great stuff you do ???
    Thanks Kevin, Well, it seems you have everything you need. Look forward to seeing something soon
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,226Member
    I wish more JS Bach was played this expressively on classical guitar.

Your arrangement has made this Bach piece suit the guitar very well indeed.

Your technique and playing skill have helped to give a beautiful result here. :smile:

Makes my recent attempts at playing a classical guitar very vulgar!
    Vulgar? Such a vulgar word. Thanks for your comments. I think a good recording set up really helps
    I will just add my own thanks for the inspiration Markblues - I used to enjoy plucking my way through the odd bit of Bach (I have a book with the 6 violin sonatas and partitas arranged for guitar) so I'm going to pick out a few bits from that. And also I've been getting Guitar Techniques magazine for a few years now, and there's a lady who posts a different classical guitar arrangement in that every month, so there's some good material to work on there as well. :)
    Megi said:

I will just add my own thanks for the inspiration Markblues - I used to enjoy plucking my way through the odd bit of Bach (I have a book with the 6 violin sonatas and partitas arranged for guitar) so I'm going to pick out a few bits from that. And also I've been getting Guitar Techniques magazine for a few years now, and there's a lady who posts a different classical guitar arrangement in that every month, so there's some good material to work on there as well. :)

Hopefully you'll post some of it here for us to enjoy too?

Markblues said:

Megi said:

Hopefully you'll post some of it here for us to enjoy too?

There's always hope Mark - if I manage to get to the stage where I can tolerate the idea of others hearing my efforts, then maybe! :)
    Youll be surprised at what you don't think is so good is often the perfect sound for someone else.
  • dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member
    Very, very nice. I agree with MarkP - there is a tendency with many classical guitarists to play Bach like clockwork. Some pieces suit that well, and others are just crying out for lots of expression. I think you've nailed it here.
    thanks mate. that's very kind of you to say