Brian Cant

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,743Member
edited June 21 in Totally Not Guitars
Brian Cant on Play Away "I am a football team. I am a football team - WHAT football team am I ?" Points to hip and holds light switch (Ipswich of course) Kid shouts from the audience...

"Arsenal !"

Some of the best comedy gold was on kid's TV and still is. Good clean fun, well, usually.

RIP Brian - with all these talented and beautiful people dropping like flies you can understand why I'm bricking myself.

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,748Member
    RIP indeed - part of my childhood, and a fondly remembered one at that, a true gentleman.

Re the comedy gold, I have never forgotten the moment Simon Groom said "what a beautiful pair of knockers" on Blue Peter.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 520Member
    Same here, it was Playschool for me. The innocent days of television, or the days of innocent television.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,743Member
    edited June 21
    Did you see the Play School out take where the presenter lost it with Humpty (kept falling over) and kicked all the toys around shouting "How can I be expected to work with these amateurs !" ?
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 520Member
    Hahah no didn't see that! I've seen some bloopers, but thankfully not when I was a child. My world would have been shattered.
    edited June 21
    Or Major Johnny Cradock who was the foil to Fanny Cradock (the TV cook) who said, "I hope all your doughnuts turn out like Fanny's !".
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 758Member
    I went to see Richard Digence the other night and he revealed that it was he who invented the myth of "seaman Stains" and "Roger the cabin boy", etc. in Captain Pugwash. Apparently he got sued for it. He was made to give an out-of-court settlement to the RNLI, which chafed with him, because he lives in Wiltshire so no sea anywhere near him
    Ha ha ha. I believed that myth too !

One of my colleagues claimed to have wrecked the Blue Peter Garden.