Nick's Magical Mystery Tour

2»

Comments

• nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 891Member
    Thanks Kevin. Alright I will! One more at the mo. I’m practising a couple more.

Be My Enemy (The Waterboys cover)

This isn’t a cover, or involve looping, but I had to try some jazz with my Rickenbacker and Vox AC4 just for fun.
    Fun, imagine that...

Rickenbacker 360 > Vox Stomplab (for EQ and reverb) > Blue Snowball mic > GarageBand.
    Video is shot on an iPad Pro and synced in Premiere. (I knew you were all going to ask...!)

Megi, is this enough reason for you to get a Ricky? I think the tone could have been a little warmer. But it’s close.

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,116Member

Megi, is this enough reason for you to get a Ricky? I think the tone could have been a little warmer. But it’s close.

That's great Nick, terrific stuff! I love the contrast between the last 2 clips, both with the same guitar. ("tone is in the fingers" - yes I know... :D ).

Wish I could re the lovely Ricky - a beautiful looking, classic guitar design there, and yes, seeing you do that bit of Wes stuff there does make me think it would be fun to take to a jazz gig. But, certainly at the moment, with the number of guitars I've bought/made over the last few years, plus recent Helix purchases, not to mention a few others - well, it would get me into so much trouble if one of those arrived at the door... :smiley:

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,089Member
    Seriously good stuff, Nick. I don't know how you remember it all.
    Thanks Graham! Yup, Ricks really are more versatile than many people believe. I’m sure you could sweet talk Mrs Megi, take her out for dinner, buy her a car...that sort of thing !

Thanks Kevin. Well, to be honest, it’s five choruses, repeated, but I did play it over and over a zillion times. Maybe two zillion. But thanks for noticing the memory exercise. I have a nine page version of Autumn Leaves iby Achim Kohl that is a bit tough to memorise. But I like the challenge!
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,116Member
    Afraid there is a limit Nicolas, a line that must not be crossed, and I'm right up against it... :D
    Oh I hear ya... no worries!