See You In My Dreams

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,892Member
edited May 27 in Totally Not Guitars

Sorry I haven't posted. My Dad passed away on Monday morning after a long and gruelling illness. We're all exhausted by it and regrouping at the moment. I'm in numbed shock having seen what he went through in the last year, I'm not sure when It will hit home but I'm alright at the moment - I expect I'll crumple at the funeral.

Comments

• LesterLester Posts: 1,536Member, Moderator
    I understand; I walked the same path 10 years ago.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,637Member
    So sad to hear that, Kevin. My condolences to you and your family. Take care and be strong as a family.
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,238Member
    Very sorry to hear that Kevin. May you and your family find the strength to get through these terrible times. It's still a huge shock even when it's to be expected.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,892Member
    Thanks for the kind comments, chaps.

I'm feeling like I've escaped a dark and dank cave and that I'm floating on my back in a sunlit lagoon at the moment.

I'm in sedated and exhausted peace.

I can't remember my Dad at all except in illness.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 764Member
    So sorry for your loss, Kevin. Wish I had the profound words to make make it feel better. Thinking of you
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 716Member
    I'm sorry Kevin. Thanks for being open and sharing.
    Perhaps you could write tune, even instrumental, about your feelings.
    Praying for you.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,892Member
    Thanks Dave and Nick.

I'm composing his eulogy at the moment. There is plenty of material to work on as he was such a remarkable man.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,873Member
    Just to say I'm sorry to hear about this, and I do wish you and your family all the best Kevin.