Eastman Acoustics (great sound !)

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,892Member
edited May 17 in Guitar Chat

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,873Member
    Interesting - they both sound very lively, with lots of presence and detail, including the bass strings - I sometimes feel this is where my current acoustic falls down a little. For me, somehow the smaller model has a bit more of a rounded, fuller kind of tone, which is surprising to me, but I prefer it anyhow. The guy demo-ing does an OK job, but I'd love to hear the guitars in the hands of a player with more touch and subtlety.
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,238Member
    Interesting video Kevin - thanks for posting it. Always of interest when you hear an acoustic guitar being played that sounds good to your ears.
    But isn't it frustrating that it's so difficult to judge the sound of an acoustic when someone else plays it instead of you!
    Different playing style, different way of attacking the strings, different nails or pick. Different sound.

I'm with you on liking players who demo with touch and subtlety Graham, but there's not too many of them about on YouTube demos!
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,637Member
    I wouldn't mind one of these if ever I was in the market for another guitar. By the way, Neal Casal is one of my favourite artists, so that helps:

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,238Member
    Looks good, sounds very good!

"I want to keep playing it and not put it back in it's case".
    "Immediately it was friendly to me".
    Two essential qualities of an acoustic guitar that's worth buying.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 716Member
    edited May 22
    Wow, that first video could sell a boatload of Eastmans. I'm sold.
    Thanks for the GAS..... grr...

There's so much gear out there, that I look for that can'tputitdown factor too.