Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

looper pedal

hi,guys
looking to add a looper pedal to my board, what looper pedals do you guys think is the best on the market, price no problem for me, i am asking your advice because you guys have road tested the pedals that gives me a valued opinion,

thanks for your time,
bluesfloyd,

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,704Member
    I've never used one but from comments here it seems important to have stereo, otherwise the sound gets concentrated too much in one speaker output.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,624Member
    I have one, but I've never managed to use it live. Just too hit and miss in nailing the exact starting point of, say, a chorus. But an absolute gem of a thing to practice with:

• SilversharkSilvershark Posts: 19Member
    You should take a look at the Trio+ from Digitech. Not only a looper but also gives you a bass and drums backing from a choice of several different music genres and styles. A super tool for home practice but maybe not ideal for live use. I've got the basic Trio which gives just the bass and drums but an excellent product nevertheless. There's a great uTube video here.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 750Member
    I have a TC Electronic Ditto (the most basic one they do). I'm like Derek and have never managed to use it live, but I intend to. In terms of the quality of the recorded sound and ease of use it's brilliant. It's tiny as well, so it takes up very little "real estate" on the ol' pedal board
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 464Member
    Ugh, Andertons videos.... although Mick is great whatever he does. It's the other two clowns I can't stomach.

I have a Boss Loop Station RC300, the flagship. It's amazing! Three tracks, stereo, MIDI, unlimited undo, FX, pedal for varying effect parameters..the bees knees. A cliche, but it's pretty much only limited by your imagination. Of course, this would be for creating large or complex musical compositions on the fly rather than just repeating the last phrase you played. If price (and real estate) aren't a problem, go for it. You might not see daylight for some time though.