Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Played some electric this week...

Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,624Member
...and, though I say so myself, it sounded really good. Just a rehearsal with a four piece blues / Americana / country band. I must say I surprised myself. The thing is, I know I haven't got any better - in fact, quite the opposite: my electric chops have been neglected - so I'm guessing that what's going on here is the opposite of familiarity breeding contempt. I still only know three phrases but I assume that because I haven't played them for so long they suddenly sounded fresh. We're gigging this afternoon / evening so it'll be interesting to see whether, now that my electric playing is again familiar, I once more think I suck. I'll let you know. :-)

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,704Member
    You don't suck, Delboy.

You're very good. (It's in the attitude, not the ability)

Anyway. Since you are swept up on a wave of internet stardom what you think...

does

not

count !

You are now public property.
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,186Member
    Your talent is showing through when you can go back to electric like that and get it sounding good for more than a few minutes while the novelty wears off.
    I can last at the most about 5-6 minutes before depression starts to kick in and I need to switch everything off and go back to acoustic.

Good luck Derek - I'm sure you'll be fine. :smile:
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,624Member
    Turned out to be a very good day!