Al Brooker

Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 779Member
Just wanted to make a shameless appeal for you all to subscribe to my son, Ali Brooker's, YouTube channel. He's studying at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford. This is just an example of his playing ....

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,053Member
    Done !

And a worthy suscription too.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 779Member
    Cool, thanks, Kev
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 875Member
    Glad to, my friend! So what instrument is he studying at Guildford? He looks like he could be an accordion player. Takes a lot of talent to play one of them. All those keys. Cor, kids these days.
    Yea Ali has serious talent. I'm in awe!
    He does indeed. I'd rate that as top professional. As good as anything you'd expect at an arena concert. Possibly beyond my hero, Matt Bellamy.
    It's quite possible that Screaming Dave won't have to worry about his pension - so long as he keeps in with his lad !
    Yeah, gotta stay on his right side - not always easy with teenagers!

He's inherited my GAS. He found he could extend his overdraft on his student bank account, so what did he do? Bought a guitar! (the one in the video). Now, everyone on here can swing with that, but as a parent ....

The funny thing is, he really doesn't know how good he is. he played a simplified version of that at a school concert, must be five years ago now. He brought the house down, but didn't even take a bow. Just unplugged his guitar and wandered off stage.

Sorry, I'll stop now. I'm one proud dad.
    Nice one Dad :-)

Take your pick:

1. Well done, Ali, on spending the loan wisely. What are you after next. - Nick the Guitarist

2. Oh dear, that was irresponsible. Well, your money won't last long if you spend it like that? - Nick the Father

Trying to cover all bases here, Dave.
    I've only been Screaming Dave the Stern Parent so far.
    I'm dying to have a go on it, though
    Did they knock some money off because of the hole in it ?

I've only been Screaming Dave the Stern Parent so far.

LOL

I'm dying to have a go on it, though

What, he won't let you? Confiscate it for a week because Ali didn't unload the dishwasher, or something.

Did they knock some money off because of the hole in it ?

LOL It doesn't come with a case because the handle's built in...!
    Yeah, never quite been sure what the monkey grip is about. Or Paul Gilbert's painted-on f-holes - madness, I tell you, madness!
    Gilbert's just a nut!
    Comes across as a supremely nice guy, though
    He does! Not a big fan of his music, but he makes it all about fun. I like that.
    I had a tuition video of his, "Paul Gilbert's Terrifyyng Guitar Trip," which was brilliant, and he did the tuning ip bit as a 3 piece band. The whole thing was very entertaining. He did part of it floating on an inflatable desert island on his swimming pool!