I'm not sure if this categorises as 'totally not guitars'. What do we think ?

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,731Member

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,746Member
    It's very well done, wish I could say I liked it!
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,731Member
    A few beers in an old fashioned pub - I reckon it would be entertaining.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 509Member
    Novel!

A few beers in an old fashioned pub - I reckon it would be entertaining.

I like to drink, but not THAT much! I think this would be good for a laugh for a minute and then you'll want something else. I hope this chap doesn't have a whole set list of this stuff!

Anyway, thanks for finding something different and worthy of discussion, Kevin!

edited March 11
    Err... yeah. He DOES have a set list of this stuff. In fact I found similar when I was playing restaurant circuits. I'd built up a set list of utter s*** that no-one wanted to listen to and thought it was because I wasn't playing loudly enough... and so bought a bigger amp !!!

How did it take me so long to see it ? Well, it was well meaning people wot made me do it. People who said kind things were the cruelest - they gave me hope that if I just learned one more scale, one more technique...

If, as a performer, all you can see in the crowd is glum faces whilst you're inflicting your art on them then ignore the minority of kind commenters. Thems lie !

And if you happen to be in the audience listening to an unwanted artiste say nowt - don't encourage him ! Better still, tell him it's not working.

Err... yeah. He DOES have a set list of this stuff. In fact I found similar when I was playing restaurant circuits. I'd build up a set list of utter s*** that no-one wanted to listen to and thought it was because I wasn't playing loudly enough... and so bought a bigger amp !!!

How did it take me so long to see it ? Well, it was well meaning people wot made me do it. People who said kind things were the cruelest - they gave me hope that if I just learned one more scale, one more technique...

If, as a performer, all you can see in the crowd is glum faces whilst you're inflicting your art on them then ignore the minority of kind commenters. Thems lie !

And if you happen to be in the audience listening to an unwanted artiste say nowt - don't encourage him ! Better still, tell him it's not working.

I'd agree with that. You need honest feedback! What we don't need is another generation of wannabees being pushed onto X-Factor because their Mum's think they're talented!
    I go through this professionally all the time, and sometimes it makes me doubt my self, but the people who really help are the ones who are blunt. Don't sugar coat it, because if you were a pro musician nobody will pay you to be rubbish!
    Well... I wasn't THAT bad, Nick. :neutral:

:wink:
    Hehehe I'm sure you weren't!
  • The23rdmanThe23rdman Posts: 1,560Member
    I enjoyed it but i couldn't listen to all of it... Which is rather telling.
    I get you, 23rd. I posted it ... provocatively. I do like it but (as with Nick) I do hope the poor guy hasn't commited to a full set, rather like a Dragon's Den candidate hocking his house to fund a suction-cup bath handrail.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 757Member
    I'm with the herd, it was fun initially, but I got bored with it. Having said, that, live would be different. I've enjoyed quite a few bands live that I wouldn't buy a recording of.
  • Richards GuitarsRichards Guitars Posts: 588Member, Administrator
    AWESOME!!!! Really fantastic! Talented guy.
    edited March 13
    Got a stash of Ukeleles you're trying to sell, Richard? ;-)
    Richard has taste, Nick. Ivor Biggun did more for ukeleles... that wave has passed.

Richard has taste, Nick. Ivor Biggun did more for ukeleles... that wave has passed.

Thank goodness for that, on all accounts :)