New Guitar (hopefully) on its way.

nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 520Member
I have a new guitar on its way. Hopefully.
imageBeginners guitar." />

Why hopefully? Because it cost £6.49 with free shipping.

Yes it's probably a wind up, but for the price of a coffee and a panini I will never see again, it's worth a punt.

I read the auction very carefully to make sure I wasn't buying just a case, or a model of a guitar, and everything looks above board. I got a notification to say that it had been shipped and an expected arrival day of next Monday.

The guitar is apparently packed with a strap, cable, tremolo arm, plectrums and Allen keys AND gig bag. I could throw everything away and keep the bag and I'd still be ahead! Or I could just keep the body and use it as a project and would still have an amazing deal.

If it shows up.
I say that because at this point, that is possibly the worst that could happen.

Well, we'll see!

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 796Member
    If it is as it seems, it might pay to leave it alone and put it up for sale about late sept early oct to get the Xmas trade on new beginners. Either taht or donate to a local 'musical' cause.
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 758Member
    Looks tidy, so you can't lose for £6.49

Where is it allegedly being shipped from?
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 520Member
    ESBlonde said:

If it is as it seems, it might pay to leave it alone and put it up for sale about late sept early oct to get the Xmas trade on new beginners. Either taht or donate to a local 'musical' cause.

Those are good ideas. I like your thinking. Perhaps I'll stock up!

Looks tidy, so you can't lose for £6.49

Where is it allegedly being shipped from?

From the People's Republic of Worldwide Manufacturing. Allegedly. :)
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,748Member
    Amazing!
    My hope is waning...
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,748Member
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,743Member
    Must have been an 'air' guitar.
    I think so. My lovely new case showed up today. Bit embarrassing. I checked the auction again, on a different browser (that's my excuse...) and there is a drop down menu. The 'guitar + bag' option is sold out. I got the bag. But hey, £6.95 for an acoustic gig bag aint bad, but it's on Gumtree now anyhoo.
    Feel like a twit, but you know, you live and learn. I think the auction was a little misleading, but it didn't cost me much. Hopefully someone will learn from my mistake!

I still really want that HSS strat I dreamed about upgrading that cheapy guitar into...
    Megi said:

:(

Yea....
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,743Member
    edited March 10
    If JHS will do over HSS go for a Vintage V6. You won't regret it. Blinding value for a sub £200 guitar. Can be bought for significantly less. Comes in two versions: relicked and normal. The sounds from 5 mins into this video are particularly impressive for a guitar at this price point.

edited March 10
    That is impressive. I'm one of those people who always wires a tone to the bridge pickup anyhow. Leo, what were you thinking?! I've also come to love a blower switch, lately. Push/pull a knob to wire the bridge pickup directly to the output and it give you more output and more top end. You actually get to find out what the bridge pickup really sounds like! I've heard great things about the Vintage line. I'd be more inclined to go after a Harley Benton, although I think these are probably higher quality. I've even heard of people buying the Bentons to upgrade and then deciding they don't need to once they get one!
    But I'd just want to change everything anyhow. Just me!
  • The23rdmanThe23rdman Posts: 1,560Member
    Harley Benton is the way to go. I can see why people end up with loads of these things!
    Definitely! A hundred quid a time is hard to argue with.
    The tele I bought a couple of weeks ago amazes me. I'm eyeing up an offset of some sort now...
    You got a Harley Benton Tele? Show the class!
    I have this beauty. It's every bit as lovely in the flesh.

https://thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_te_70_rosewood_deluxe_series.htm
    Oo very nice! I've been eyeing those up too. How are the pickups?
    I'm no real judge of a set of pups - I'm primarily an acoustic player. Saying that, they seem effective to me. All the correct Tele sounds.
    Effective is good :)
    I think they're the same Wilkinson pups they use in the Vintage Teles.