Colin Hay (Men at Work) anecdote.

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,731Member

Not the best rendition of Down Under but an interesting story. (Great voice !)

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,198Member
    A good story and says all you need to know about copyright and the legal system.

Colin Hay is indelibly linked in my mind with Larry Sanders (the late, great Gary Shandling) and "Can't Leave this Town" playing as the backdrop to Larry Sanders realising it's time to quit his talk show. Colin Hay also very natural in his interview segment.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,731Member
    Nice TV format, though I'm not sure I understand it.
    Reference the TV format.

The Larry Sanders Show. American television sitcom set in the office and studio of a fictional late-night talk show. Created by Garry Shandling and Dennis Klein transmitted between August 1992 to May 1998 on the HBO cable television network.

The segments of the talk show were video taped and included a studio audience playing the part of the talk show audience. The rest of what went on behind the scenes and in the characters private lives was filmed and had no studio audience and no laughter track (hooray!) - a real rarity back then - the likes of Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Office and The Thick of it followed it in this feature. Being on cable enabled the content to be harder hitting and realistic particularly regarding language.

The series starred Shandling, Jeffrey Tambor, and Rip Torn and features celebrities playing self-parodying versions of themselves. The range and quality of those celebrities indicated the regard in which the show was held within the business. The show had its roots in Shandling's stand-up comedy background, and his experience as a guest host on The Tonight Show.

It seems to be generally regarded as very influential and of high quality.

I'd rate it as the best sitcom I've ever seen - by some considerable distance.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,731Member
    Thanks Mark. Could you clarify the sitcom you recommend pleae ?
    The Larry Sanders Show.