Cannonball Rag

Excuse the soft focus - still haven't figured out how to drive a Nikon.

This is my version of Cannonball Rag - includes elements nicked from Pete Huttlinger, Buster B Jones, Merle Travis, Al Pennington, and Chet Atkins. Played on the Tanglewood TW60 recorded directly into the laptop.

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,303Member
    I don't know about the focus of the video camera, but your guitar playing on this sure as hell is well focussed!

More notes in this video from you than I usually play in a day! Greatly cheerful and bouncy and lots of great variations!
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,053Member
    Great sound. Lovely tone to that guitar. Are you using LH finger/thumb picks ?
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,667Member
    Thanks guys :-)

Mark, this one goes back to a previous discussion elsewhere about right hand patterns - that's pretty much all it is - just chord shapes and patterns with a few variations and a couple of runs in between. It's the only way I can play and (hopefully) to the uninitiated it sounds a lot more impressive than it really is :-)

Kevin, thanks - the Tanglewood does have a lovely tone. My cheapest guitar (£175 with a case, stand and tuner!), too. I use a thumb pick but no finger-picks.

Cheers
    Derek
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,606Member, Moderator
    edited February 2017
    That is excellent, Derek.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,053Member
    £175 ? I think you robbed someone there. Second hand, obviously.
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,987Member, Moderator
    Lovely bit of playing. I wish I could do that but neither my fingers nor my brain can work fast enough!
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 875Member
    Mark P said:

I don't know about the focus of the video camera, but your guitar playing on this sure as hell is well focussed!

Haha nice one :)
    Wonderful playing, Derek.