Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Why isn't this man famous ?

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,695Member

Comments

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,623Member
    Clearly very talented, a fine singer and all round good bloke. There's your answer.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 445Member
    Yup, there's a lot of 'undiscovered' talent out there. I think it's best if he's not famous except locally, which I think is how we are all meant to really affect the world, not necessarily on a global scale. I mean, who would want all the trappings? Who knows - maybe he's happy!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 788Member
    It long been known that talent isn't what makes you famous. Around my little town there are plenty of people with more talent than many in popular culture, but they can and mostly do earn a good living doing what they love (and function band work) ;-0
  • Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 749Member
    There are so many brilliant artists who never become household names, probably because they're more interested in the music than in the fame.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,695Member

If you look at his videos you'll see he's a musician/comedian. This is certainly a stand-out YouTuber to me and I look at a lot.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,499Member, Moderator
    If you look at some of his recorder pieces he reminds me of Tommy Cooper, so gifted that he can make seeming mistakes seem funnier than playing the song straight.
    ESBlonde said:

It long been known that talent isn't what makes you famous. Around my little town there are plenty of people with more talent than many in popular culture, but they can and mostly do earn a good living doing what they love (and function band work) ;-0

Yup. Sad truth. A good friend of mine is probably one of the best guitarists in the country. But you've never heard of him. He was a pro for a while but struggled so much to make a living he's gone off to study graphic design. He's still playing but it's not paying the rent. Sad.
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,180Member
    The more I've heard and seen over the years about what people that make a living from playing guitar have to go through to get success, the less convinced I am that turning a passion into earning a living is that often a good thing! Can be a blessing in disguise to miss out on fame.
    I think music is particularly problematic because of the changing musical landscape - venues disappearing, devaluing of music and TV shows making people think that anyone can become a star. The public just don't value original music anymore.

If you look at his videos you'll see he's a musician/comedian. This is certainly a stand-out YouTuber to me and I look at a lot.

How many personalities does he have?! Wow...