Totally NOT Advertising. (Well... a bit, I suppose.)

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,889Member
edited January 18 in Guitar Chat
It's just nice to have confirmation that one has made a good choice. I randomly found myself in Mansons a couple of weeks back (as one does) and fate brought me face to face with my latest baby - and she's fired my inspirations for guitar and life in general. I returned with my trade-ins in hand and did a virtual straight swap.

Ralph there said, "I don't understand it. We've had this guitar here for months and no-one wants it except you. We sell a lot of acoustics at this price range and there is nothing around to beat it." On account of that I managed to get some strings and a discount - Mansons still did well out of me though !

My Sigma J45 copy features in this video (which is a good watch even if you're not interested in the guitar itself) and they say the same. My fingers have withered a bit but I'm glad my hearing and eye for a decent guitar hasn't !

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yztiJchxlcY

Comments

• LesterLester Posts: 1,536Member, Moderator
    There is something extra nice about getting a great guitar that everyone passed by without noticing it. Well done, Kevin! Now, remind me which one of us was it that started the interest in J45 style guitars? It wasn't me.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,889Member
    I think it was me, Lester. But I've come to realise that not all J45s are the same these days. I played a new Standard recently which was indifferent. The True Vintage is, however, stunning. (£3k !!!)

The best guitar I've ever played is a rather worn 1965 J45 (my birth year) which was £5k and do you know what ? I wish I'd bought the darn thing ! And to attest to my feelings on it someone DID pay five grand for it !!!!
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,637Member
    That SG00 is calling more loudly every day. Darn it!
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,238Member
    Thankfully for keeping my GAS dormant the SG00 too big for me, but even then those SG00s sound and look so good that it did cause my thoughts to drift in a possible future instrument. STOP THAT MARK! :smiley: