Actually back playing.

JockoJocko Posts: 7,006Member, Moderator
I fancied a go with a guitar today, so dug my Larrivée out of the spare room. Once it had thawed out I tuned it up and spent an hour playing. Not a great amount of time but more than I have done in a couple of months. Fingers aren't too bad but I have a pain in the middle of my back. Who knows what I'd be like if I had opted for my Les Paul!
Doesn't look like I am going to be selling any guitars now. Now that I am back working there is not so much pressure on the finances, and they don't take a lot of feeding. Who knows, I might get back playing big time.

Comments

• LesterLester Posts: 1,618Member, Moderator
    That's great news, Jocko. It would help if you could find a reason to play a little bit each day so that you get back into the habit of playing regularly.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 893Member
    Yay Jocko strums.

Glad you're feeling musical again. Long may the pleasure wash through you.
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,684Member
    More good news! Kevin and Jocko both playing again :-)
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,088Member
    Aye. Good news. I give my 'J45' biscuits and milk.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,115Member
    Good one Jocko - enjoy playing those guitars! :)
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,312Member
    Hope you get the habit back! :smile:
  • JockoJocko Posts: 7,006Member, Moderator
    Reviving a really old thread but I am playing more guitar now than I have done for years. I play a bit of electric for a couple of hours each weekday morning. I like playing rhythm guitar, and have my favourite tracks as Reaper projects and I play through a live instrument channel. I sometimes use Karaoke Versions tracks in Reaper, so I can leave out the parts I want to play.
    Of an evening I play one or two hours acoustic (still have my Larrivée). Usually finger-style. I am working on Cavatina, for the most part, as my fingertips start to harden up.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,618Member, Moderator
    Glad to hear you are back on the guitar and enjoying it.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,088Member
    Good news.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,115Member
    Great stuff, enjoy and keep it going! :)
  • Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,684Member
    Excellent news!
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,312Member
    Glad to hear that you're back to playing in earnest Jocko. :smiley:

Shows how it's wise to hold fire in selling everything immediately if you stop playing.