Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Been gone a while.

JockoJocko Posts: 6,870Member, Moderator
I have not been in here for a long spell. Every time I tried to access the site, nothing came up. I thought it had folded, so after a couple of weeks of trying I gave up, removing the bookmark from my Bookmark Bar. Today I did a Google search, looking for another guitar forum, and up popped old faithful. So now it is back on the Bookmark Bar! Happy Christmas to all my old friends.

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,690Member
    Happy Christmas mate! About a week or two ago, I had the same thing for a few days - couldn't get onto the forum site. I hadn't tried for a while before that, so it could well have been done for a week or so. Glad you found your way back anyhow, and nice to hear from you. :)
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,180Member
    Happy Christmas Jocko and good to see you back on the forum! :smile:

I'm trying to remember to check what's happening here more often, but there is little going on in my guitar playing life at the moment that's new and suggesting new threads.
    I'm just continually trying to keep getting (a bit) better, if only by playing every day ... except Christmas & Boxing Day.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,695Member
    I had the same problem. Thought I'd been barred !

Happy Christmas you all.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,499Member, Moderator
    I check in every day but for the last 5 weeks I haven't done anything more than have a quick look as I managed to lift a PA combo badly and got a slipped disc in my back, which has been painful but is now improving well.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,690Member
    That sounds nasty Lester, glad things are improving, but be careful out there mate - back pain trouble, and especially with spine issues like slipped discs, is something to be taken seriously. Of course, you know this yourself, but just take care. :)
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,870Member, Moderator
    Yes, take care Lester. What is the prognosis?
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,180Member
    Glad to hear the back is improving Lester. :smile:
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,499Member, Moderator
    It was all my fault as I have done enough lifting courses in my life. My wife and I were playing for some American friends hosting a Thanksgiving dinner, simply singing Christmassy songs. As we left I grabbed our mics, cables and picked up the 14kg PA combo last and as I swung round I felt a ping in my back. I thought no more of it but through the evening I was getting stiffer and when we had finished I couldn't lift the combo.

Two weeks of resting did nothing to help so I went to the orthopaedic doctor at the hospital, who is our neighbour. She gave me an injection in the bottom, prescribed some tablets for a week and told me to lie down as much as I could for 2 weeks and not to sit at all. That did wonders. Now an extra week further on I pretty much have normal but not full flexibility and movement, eg. bending down in the morning to put my socks on is right at my limit, but as I couldn't reach past my knees for 3 weeks I am doing fine. I am expected to be back to normal soon although I gather that I might have pain for a few months; every case is different so I will see.

It is a good reminder for all of us as we are always lifting kit: don't lift heavier items whilst twisting your torso.