Classical tremolo

I thought it may be good to make a brief post about this technique as Megi asked in a previous post and I know how difficult some people find it. I will keep it brief, but I hope that it helps. Unlike the flamenco tremolo which is even more complicated, the classical tremolo sounds very smooth and once developed is really rewarding....and impressive. Personally, I get a bigger kick out of the flamenco tremolo which maybe I'll cover another time.

To develop the classical tremolo you need to be aware of the order of the fingers.
1 - play a bass string with the thumb
2 - string a top string with the third, second and then first finger
3 - repeat

Doing this to click is helpful at a moderate speed until all the notes are evenly spread over each beat. I practice the movement on the the table using a tapping motion to build up stamina. Learning a well known piece is also great motivation to keep up the practice. It does take time but you'll get there.

feel free to drop me a message via my website www.markhussey.com
I'll post my ow composition here again so you can hear the effect of the classical tremolo

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,063Member
    Sorry Mark, I've not been keeping up with the forum very much lately, but much appreciate your taking the time to post this, and very interesting and helpful, thank you! :)