Hard Times Coming Soon Too

I hesitated about posting this here. There's been some very good music posted here recently so this is slumming it!

I continue to try to write 'tunes' for acoustic. This most recent one started out sounding with rather too much of a classical guitar genre to it all.
I then used the written tune to that point as a basic framework and started improvising additional notes round it and tried to loosen up the phrasing a bit. Then tried to remember what I'd improvised and kept practising it using those changes.
In Csus2 tuning. The Vintage GG2000 Gordon Giltrap Signature Acoustic recorded by dual Avantone CK-1 mics.
By necessity simple and no use of the little finger of the fretting hand any more.

'Hard Times Coming Soon Too'

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,902Member
    Fine playing indeed.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,902Member
    Lovely playing and a very attractive guitar sound there too Mark, my compliments! :)
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,256Member
    Thanks Kevin and Graham. For listening, and for your supportive comments.

I currently feel I'm in a bit of a race against time.
    Trying to improve enough in the more interpretative areas while my physical abilities to play the damn instrument gradually disappear!
    Hopefully the former keeps on at least balancing out against the latter.

The Giltrap guitar seems to be very tolerant of my mistakes and is providing me with a relaxing playing experience and sound I like a lot. I had hoped to have got that from the Lowden, but the 'Vintage' brand is more my league I think. :smile: