An original track from my album

Hi guys,

A bit cheesy footage maybe but here is an original track from my album that was released just yesterday. I hope you like it. And thank you all to those who of you commented on my performance of the Hungarian Dance :) I'm flattered.

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,231Member
    Sometimes I feel reconciled to my having given up classical guitar. Like when I hear how good they can be played .... as in this recording. Lovely music from you that sounds so delicate and effortless and a very professional video too, which complements the music well.

I am sure that a huge amount of hard work went into being able to play this. But it doesn't sound like the finished product is hard work! :smile:
  • MarkbluesMarkblues Posts: 75Member
    Cheers Mark. Always too kind. I really think if you love the sound you should pick up that nylon again and get going. Small steps and you'll get there and you are probably much better than you think anyway. I can't stand listening to myself sometimes and so often post to get a unbiased view from others.
  • The23rdmanThe23rdman Posts: 1,560Member
    Heartachingly beautiful.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,862Member
    Ditto 23rd and Mark P.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,827Member
    Lovely stuff Markblues - any tips for developing a good classical tremolo technique btw? :)
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    Mark, I am listening to your CD again right now. It is a lovely piece of work. The main thought I have each time I listen is, "Where is the guitar?" I think it has been mixed such that your guitar is just one of the orchestral instruments rather than as teh featured instrument; I would like the guitar to be more noticeable, more prominent in the mix. The orchestral arrangements are really well thought out and played, aurally beautiful and so complimentary to the guitar, and your guitar playing is beautiful in this setting. I hope you have lots of success with it.
    HI Lester, thanks for the comment. In fact the guitar is meant to do exactly what you say here, be part of the orchestra rather than always featured. The melody is often taken by other instruments other than the guitar, which in its natural setting cannot compete with a real orchestra. I therefore decided to make it as organic and natural as I could. I'm delighted you enjoyed it anyway and thank you, as always for your support :) It doesn't go unnoticed :)
    Megi said:

Lovely stuff Markblues - any tips for developing a good classical tremolo technique btw? :)

Hi Megi, Tips, well. If we are talking classical tremolo, i used to practice the finger movement by tapping on the table throughout the day in my spare time. It just build up stamina really... I found that I could keep it going on the guitar for short periods nice and smoothly but often after about 30 seconds it fell apart. I would personally pay attention to making sure you can play the tremolo both strongly and lightly to vary the melody where needed against a constant bass. Feel free to drop me an email and I'll be glad to help more if i can