Strange MC Escher/fractal video

MegiMegi Posts: 6,827Member
I found this video on YouTube while searching about fractals, and find it rather intriguing (and somewhat unsettling). Just thought some of you on the forum might be interested also. The poster has added a sound accompaniment of a descending Shephard's tone , which from what I read is a sound illusion that seems to continually decend in pitch while sort of staying where it is at the same time.

The video for some reason lasts for 10 hours! which would surely be a brain scrambler, but one does not need to view it all to get the point. :)

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,231Member
    Maybe my brain is already scrambled, but I did find that sort of relaxing.

It sounds and looks a bit like what my brain probably feels like when I'm falling asleep.

I did find that when viewing it with the sound of there was much less impact on me. I think I'm reacting more to the Shephard's tone than the fractal. Though the fractal is interesting to watch.

Thanks for posting it. Makes an unusual start to the day.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,827Member
    Cheers Mark - I just thought it was an interesting diversion really. With the fractal, I figured out that there are two points, with everything you see emerging from one, and then disappearing into the other. Kind of weird to think about, but it does seem to be the case.
  • onemanbandonemanband Posts: 91Member
    Here's something much more thought provoking........

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,827Member
    That one is far more unsettling OMB, very disturbing in fact. :cold_sweat:
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,231Member
    Oh heck! That really is doing my head in!

Stop! Please! Excuse me - I must leave the thread ...........
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,862Member
    How intriguing. (Both videos)

I do wonder - those guitars in the Agadoo video. Are they worth more ... or are they worth less for such provenance ?