4 year old girl playing piano

MegiMegi Posts: 6,774Member
Usually I can't stand the whole child prodigy thing, and the pushy/proud parents who seem to go with it. But this was on a friend's facebook page, and I have to say I am a bit gobsmacked - 4 year old girl playing the piano:

Is this just pure innate talent, allowed to flourish at a very young age? Or a demonstration what is possible if a child is steered in a certain way, before they've had chance to develop their own ideas and have any resistance to such indoctrination? (I say this a little tongue-in-cheek :D )

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,779Member
    I'd love to take her into the local piano shop and have her pretend to run amok before performing this.
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,870Member, Moderator
    Kevin's comments reminded me of a visit to Harrods, a few years back. I was in their music department, looking at some VERY overpriced guitars, when this horrible child started banging on the keys of a piano. Suddenly a frosty faced assistant arrived at his side. I then heard his very posh mother say, " We are looking for a piano for Julian to commence music lessons". I have never seen the demeanour of a shop assistant change so quickly. Nice to have money like that.
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,779Member
    Mrs Lloyd Webber always has that effect.
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,214Member
    Not just piano playing talent, but did you notice the speed of that page turning!! :smile:
  • MegiMegi Posts: 6,774Member
    Mark P said:

Not just piano playing talent, but did you notice the speed of that page turning!! :smile:

The page turn does add to the performance I agree Mark! :)