Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Nice venue, nice people, average money, late finish

onemanbandonemanband Posts: 90Member
edited August 2016 in Personal Diaries
So, nice venue, nice people, average money, late finish.Part time guitar "expert" in the audience, who I overheard inform his mate that my Rickenbacker 620/12 was a "Strat copy" .......seriously!!     Obviously not a guy to get luthiery or financial advice from!!On the way home (about 01.15) on a cold, dark, busy single carriageway A road, front offside tyre goes BANG, so it's pull in asap, empty all the gear onto the side of the road to access the spare wheel, jack the car up, hazards on and change the wheel, while inconsiderate idiots fly past with what seems inches to spare.........bloody frightening and an extra half hour on an already late night!!Off to the tyre dealer this morning to find a bloody big hole in the tyre, that the fitters conclude has been caused by a screw, bolt or similar dropped from a lorry. The tyre is irreparable so it's a new tyre!! So take off £90 for a new tyre, agents commission @ 15%+vat. plus fuel.........THAT was last nights gig!!But, as my wife and soulmate said.......at least it wasn't raining!! 

Comments

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,623Member

A gig's a gig! You could have been sat on the couch watching Ant and Dec...

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Or you could have gone to a gig rather than watch Ant and Dec.

Unless you're one half of The James Brothers I wasn't the part time guitar expert in the audience OMB

• JockoJocko Posts: 6,870Member, Moderator

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the tree. You could have had to replace the tyre without the Gig money. The foreign object may have been working its way through the tyre for days.

• onemanbandonemanband Posts: 90Member

Quite so..........I'm not whinging, just posting a "tongue in cheek" amusing view of how sometimes, that's the way it goes!!

Couldn't believe the "guitar expert" though!!

Not working tonight so just watching the league cup final, hoping that Liverpool give Manchester City a bloody good tonking!! 

I'm no Liverpool fan, just loathe Man. City and their bought success.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 788Member

I once attended a jam session (so no income) and on my way home ran over a glass bottle tossed into the road. It punctured the front tyre (and it transpires damaged the rear too which failed a couple of weeks later).

A tried to insert the liquid gunk and blow it up to no avail, so ended up getting a breakdown lift home. Modern car with no spare so I had no choice. Of course in the morning I'm at home still with no spare and a car I can't drive! I had to take off the wheel, put it in a wheel barrow and parade through the streets to get it changed so I could go to work. as the rear tyre failed a couple of weeks later I found myself in the same position, so now my car has a spare wheel and tyre + a jack and brace.

So and expensive night out!

• Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 749Member
    onemanband posted:

Not working tonight so just watching the league cup final, hoping that Liverpool give Manchester City a bloody good tonking!! 

I'm no Liverpool fan, just loathe Man. City and their bought success.

I watched the last Liverpool/City game in a pub in the centre of Liverpool, when the reds did hand City their @rse on a platter.  The atmosphere was electric.

Shame about yesterday.  Penalties is a bloody miserable way to decide a match.