Here's a segment of this evening's practice

Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,698Member
edited August 2016 in Community Member Performances
Haven't picked much these last few weeks but did a gig last night on the electric and this evening have been practicing a few things (mostly around target notes) that my teacher, Mr Sutton, Sir, suggested when I sent in my previous version of Blackberry Blossom. Here's a segment of this evening's practice.   

Comments

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Great stuff Derek.  Sounds like you've put it through a blender and it's all come out a lot smoother with the rough edges knocked off!

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,314Member

Fine work Derek.

I envy your abilities to play in such a precise manner and keep track of those picking patterns - and manage to keep expression in the playing too! Too much hard work for a lazy old sod like me!

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,070Member, Moderator

Excellent. I envy you your abilities.

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,698Member

Cheers guys   My last four or five months have been pretty much entirely focussed on the picking hand and all that work has started to pay dividends.

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,188Member

I did love your playing on this track Derek - you have a great timing and feel for the music - it bounces and flows along with a wonderful joie de vivre, and puts a smile on my face. Nice guitar tone too! image