A clip from my acoustic gig of last week

Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,698Member
edited August 2016 in Community Member Performances
A clip from my acoustic gig of last week. Trying to do the old Mick Green simultaneous rhythm and lead thing here, albeit on a Tanglewood rather than a Tele. Things got a little more subtle later, but this was my opening grab 'em by the throat number!   

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,188Member

If that didn't get 'em going, I don't know what would - terrific stuff Derek. I do admire (envy!) your ease in the spotlight, and ability to engage with an audience. image

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,070Member, Moderator

Excellent. It certainly impressed me and I'm sure it impressed the audience on the night.

• manofgresleymanofgresley Posts: 137Member

Cool stuff Derek R, I admire your talent,where do you gig?

• The23rdmanThe23rdman Posts: 1,560Member

Great stuff, mate!

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Brilliant Derek!  Saw the thread title and was expecting a spot of "Rockabilly Rebel", but hey, that'll do nicely.

Nowt wrong with a Tanglewood.  Actually at the house concert I attended last Saturday there was a chap (good guitarist  - accompanying the main artist) playing a Martin, and a young lady (very nervous) who did a two song "floor spot" playing a Tanglewood.  I don't know the respective models, but despite the chap playing the Martin being the better player, the Tanglewood by far sounded the better guitar (both played purely acoustically)!  Maybe in a different room or space it might have been different of course.

Cheers, Reg.