Chris Hadfield playing his guitar in space

Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,128Member
edited August 2016 in Totally Not Guitars
Do you remember the ISS Space Station video of astronaut Chris Hadfield playing his guitar in space ? Well I got his autobiography and it is utterly BRILLIANT ! Oh... and I got this: My new cat (from the rescue centre). Charlie. He is 7.5k of cuddles and fun. A real character. 

Comments

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,692Member

Yay a cat and a book about space! Tremendous. I still have a copy of The Right Stuff on my bookshelf that I'm looking forward to reading. In fact I have tons of books on my shelf that I'm looking forward to reading including two Robert B Parker westerns that I got for Xmas. :-)   Weirdly, though, I've just started rereading Salem's Lot for the umpteenth time...No idea why I choose to reread a book I've read several times when I have unread ones that I'm longing to get to. But there it is.

Back on track - I had some excellent CDs that I'm tight now loading into iTunes ready to go on the iPod. I had a copy of Lightroom to help cover over the cracks on all my dodgy photos, a ticket to see Tommy Tiernan, and a book about drawing. And some guitar strings.

• JockoJocko Posts: 7,033Member, Moderator

I can see Charlie knows his place. Mind you, at 7.5K he can lie where he likes. I got tickets for "The Illegal Eagles" and enough Malt to float a boat.

• lancpudnlancpudn Posts: 1,393Member

Love yer Pussy Kev That's real good of you to home a rescue cat, mucho kudos to you.

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,128Member

Charlie lies between the missus and me in bed. He pushes his back against her and presses his feet against me trying to kick me out. 

He darn nearly succeeds too !

• Just TelJust Tel Posts: 511Member

New 12 String

20141227_155724

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,128Member

Brilliant. 

I played the Washburn WD10S the other day and thought it so good I featured it here. 

Originally Posted by Kevin Peat:

Charlie lies between the missus and me in bed. He pushes his back against her and presses his feet against me trying to kick me out. 

Our Lucy is the exact opposite. She totally ignores us, unless her food dish is empty. And she is so pernickety about what she eats, we would have been cheaper sponsoring a tiger than re-homing a cat!

• Graham GeorgeGraham George Posts: 496Member

Kevin, nice present! 

I got this . . . 

IMG_0004

Yess!   Yessssss!   Yesssssssss! 

• Just TelJust Tel Posts: 511Member

Brilliant. 

I played the Washburn WD10S the other day and thought it so good I featured it here. 

Your comments influenced my choice. So far I think it's fantastic for it's money and plays well straight out of the box. Ooo I love that jangly sound and its good for finger picking too.

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,147Member

Beautiful new guitars Tel and Graham - nice to see. I keep scouring the online sales for a bargain in the jazz archtop vein, but so far have managed to resist, surprisingly. image

Originally Posted by Jocko:

Our Lucy is the exact opposite. She totally ignores us, unless her food dish is empty. And she is so pernickety about what she eats, we would have been cheaper sponsoring a tiger than re-homing a cat!

LOLOL sounds just like our cats, we must have through the entire range of catfoods to find something they liked for more than two days. 

Originally Posted by Graham George:

Kevin, nice present! 

I got this . . . 

IMG_0004

Yess!   Yessssss!   Yesssssssss! 

Congrats on the guitar Graham, Godin! Black & Ivory, what a sexy looking beast it is

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,314Member

Charlie looks great Kev and is that a mischievous wee look I see in his eyes?

Very nice guitars Tel and Graham  - hope they're keepers! Enjoy!

As a sufferer of technophobia I wonder why I've had a bit of a shower of gadgetry this Christmas. I think my eldest son, the IT savvy member of the family, reckons he needs to drag me kicking and screaming into the 20th century. A tablet to wrestle with, and a sat nav too - so that's me well and truly baffled for several months I guess.

Originally Posted by Mark P:

Charlie looks great Kev and is that a mischievous wee look I see in his eyes?

As a sufferer of technophobia I wonder why I've had a bit of a shower of gadgetry this Christmas. I think my eldest son, the IT savvy member of the family, reckons he needs to drag me kicking and screaming into the 20th century. A tablet to wrestle with, and a sat nav too - so that's me well and truly baffled for several months I guess.

LOLOL i'm laughing because this household has just taken the same path into doohicky tech stuff My missus & daughter got tablets for Christmas & it took me two full days to get them up & running on wifi, there was lots of cursing involved to get email etc working on them as well

I haven't ventured into satnav yet, I think I may have to. I've got drawers full of A to Z's which I cant see the small print anymore.

I love the Sat Nav. Mine is on all the time, for the accurate speedometer it displays. Pity it cannot be set to display speed and nothing else, when the maps are not required, just like the old "Road Angel" did. My car speedo reads about 7% low. (28 at indicated 30 - 46 at indicated 50 - 65 at indicated 70) The road side speed displays, all over Fife, confirm the accuracy of the Sat Nav.

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

I got for Christmas exactly what I was expecting - nought.

We had a quick 140 mile round trip to see Mrs. Sox's mother in her care home, got back about 11am, had a big fry up, and then tramped about 12 miles across fields and through woods without seeing another person until we met a couple of postprandial dog walkers just as we were nearing home as the sun was setting.  About halfway round we stopped and brewed up a couple of mugs of Bovril on a camping stove for Christmas lunch.  Best Christmas day in quite a few years!

Cheers, Reg.

• Graham GeorgeGraham George Posts: 496Member
    Originally Posted by Mark P:

Mark thanks, mine sure is! 

PS: re-technology, I have a computer and a mobile telephone. They don't 'Talk' to each other, neither myself or they are in 'Sync', or use 'Clouds' as storage, my phone doesn't take 'HD' pictures, nor can it 'Bluetooth' anything, it can't 'Wifi' to save it's life and the nearest I get to "Whatsapp", is when questioning somebody about how things are going in their life!  

And that's the way I like it! 

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,314Member

The Sat Nav seems to work pretty well and is pretty straightforward .... it has the advantage of only being used for one thing I guess so it's simpler because of that.

I'm like you Jocko - the speedometer on the car is consistently about 5mph higher than it should be through the 25 to 45 mph range. Also confirmed by reference to road side speed displays.

As to the tablet ... hmmm. Much more baffling. Just as well I have an on-site free tech guru at home! All this talk about apps ... I thought that was an architectural feature in churches and the like. I now find it refers to programs that work in a way I don't understand.