Acus One 8 acooustic amp

RobbieJRobbieJ Posts: 9Member
Hi Guys, I've just bought a marvellous Acus One 8 acooustic amp from Richard and couldn't be more pleased with it.  He mentioned this forum so decided to join.  I intend to do a review of the amp sometime soon. In the meantime I'll just tell you a little bit about myself: I'm an acoustic guitarist who plays in funny tunings.  I long ago gave up playing other people's stuff (save for a few notable exceptions) and now mostly play my own arrangements and compositions in a celtic style. I have a you tube channel at : www.youtube.com/ukrobbiej1 Here is an example of what I do: I play two custom Brook Guitars (www.brookguitars.co.uk)  and help write their Babbling Brook magazine, 2 issues of which can be downloaded from their home page. I also play a Weber octave mandolin.  I cannot access my pictures at the moment, but will upload some when I get home, Robbie  

Comments

• Derek_RDerek_R Posts: 1,666Member

Hey Robbie - welcome! Lovely playing on the video and a gorgeous sounding guitar. I play in funny tunings to - but generally when intending to be in standard!

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Welcome.  I'll second Derek's comments - lovely clean picking.  Nice to hear something not being played at 1,000 miles an hour - plenty of space in your arrangement to let the guitar sing out.  I look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers, Reg.

• manofgresleymanofgresley Posts: 137Member

Hi Robbie and welcome.

Beautiful tune, beautifully played, is this the original Celtic version of the song put out by "Simple Minds" some years ago now, they called it "The Belfast Child" ?

Can i be cheeky and ask if you have the Tabs for it.

• JockoJocko Posts: 6,986Member, Moderator

Welcome Robbie.  Hope you enjoy your time here.

• stevenewstevenew Posts: 66Member

Beautiful thoughtful playing, I agree, it is nice to hear playing with space in it, love the parts around 2.15 & 2.30. A wonderful example showing that guitar playing is an art not a sport!

Steve

• RobbieJRobbieJ Posts: 9Member
    Originally Posted by manofgresley:

Hi Robbie and welcome.

Beautiful tune, beautifully played, is this the original Celtic version of the song put out by "Simple Minds" some years ago now, they called it "The Belfast Child" ?

Thank you for all the lovely comments guys.  Ray, yes that is the same tune, though different words.  There are lovely versions on youtube of She Moved through the Fair by Sionead O'Connor and Cara Dillon.  Yes, I do have tabs for this tune, give me an email address and I'll send them to you.

I'm still working on finding a picture of all my instruments.

Here, in the meantime, is my other Brook, this time in Cgdgad tuning:

You can find the Tab to this in the aforementioned Babbling Brook magazine issue 3, downloadable from the Brook website,

Robbie

• manofgresleymanofgresley Posts: 137Member
    Originally Posted by RobbieJ:
    Originally Posted by manofgresley:

Hi Robbie and welcome.

Thank you for all the lovely comments guys.  Ray, yes that is the same tune, though different words.  There are lovely versions on youtube of She Moved through the Fair by Sionead O'Connor and Cara Dillon.  Yes, I do have tabs for this tune, give me an email address and I'll send them to you.

I'm still working on finding a picture of all my instruments.

Here, in the meantime, is my other Brook, this time in Cgdgad tuning:

You can find the Tab to this in the aforementioned Babbling Brook magazine issue 3, downloadable from the Brook website,

Robbie

Thanks Robbie, manofgresley1949@gmail.com

• Graham GeorgeGraham George Posts: 496Member

Robbie, Hi and welcome.

Lovely playing and a beautiful sounding instrument too. I admire people who go it alone, write and play in their own music in their own style! Been listening to your pieces this morning - delightful!