Latest email from Fender

JockoJocko Posts: 6,986Member, Moderator
Latest email from Fender includes their new Fishman equipped offering, Great for guys like me who connect direct to their computer.

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 7,088Member

They certainly keep coming up with new things! I guess it's good stuff, but somehow not for me - perhaps I have Luddite tendencies, but I just don't like to see guitars with computer-style selection buttons and the like. But that's my problem, not Fender's! 

• dharma66dharma66 Posts: 829Member

Yeah, I think it's great that companies innovate, and I can understand for a lot of people stuff like this is very, very useful. But personally, it's not for me. I won't even DI, but use a microphone! And still don't own a single pedal - though that may soon change (shock horror!).

• HobbioHobbio Posts: 21Member

I'm all for tech image

• Reg SoxReg Sox Posts: 3,121Member

Remind me - exactly where is the USB port located on a JTM 45/100?

?? You've lost me mate.

I think it was another vote for low-tech... This is a JTM45/100...doubt it has a USB port image

Marshall JTM 45/100 head + 2 4x12 cabs.  As used by Hendrix, and Clapton in Cream.

Sorry Hobbio, was just being obtuse.  Unless Fender aren't publishing the full spec of this new DigiStat (my moniker, not theirs) it only seems to have a USB connection (and possibly only a passing resemblance to what many people would call a Stratocaster).

I sit on my backside in front of a PC for between 10 and 11 hours a day for work.  For leisure I turn my PC off and my amp on - so I guess in a roundabout way I'm saying this Strat incarnation isn't for me

I couldn't find any detail as to whether that 1/4" jack socket on the front of the guitar is just for show, or whether you can still plug it into an amp and use it like an ordinary Strat.  I suspect in reality you can, in which case I consider Fender Marketing have dropped a round one by not pointing that out.  The music notation piece might be interesting for those that don't play by ear (I'll have to photograph and share my collection of ear picks), but not fifteen hundred bucks worth for me.  In my view, you'd get a far superior keyboard experience for a third of the price with no potential tracking issues.

But some people will absolutely love it.  You pays your money....

Cheers,  Reg.

Originally Posted by Reg Sox:

I sit on my backside in front of a PC for between 10 and 11 hours a day for work.  For leisure I turn my PC off and my amp on.

Ditto.

I spend all my working life in front of a PC, and a large proportion of my leisure time too.

I'm generally in favour of new tech, just because I wouldn't use something doesn't mean that there's nobody out there willing to grab it with both hands and use it to the full!

Which is exactly what I said. I can see what it's for, but it's not for me image

Dude, I was agreeing with you but from the other side image

Ditto.  I love technology, work in technology.  But again that particularly item is not for me.  There again, I loved Yazoo.  Mmmmm.....

• JockoJocko Posts: 6,986Member, Moderator

If I didn't already have my Strat, then, for my needs, that is the one I'd go for.

I already have interfaces for PC and iPad, so I don't know if I'd go for this particular set up. I'd be interested in trying it out though to see what it could do.

Originally Posted by Jocko:

If I didn't already have my Strat, then, for my needs, that is the one I'd go for.

Jocko, you can buy the Fishman Tripleplay system as a discrete package.  You could always add it to your Hog Strat?

Cheers, Reg.

• JockoJocko Posts: 6,986Member, Moderator

It is not that much of a "wish".  I already interface with my computer for all my music.  I wouldn't contemplate adding it, but would have seriously considered it if I had been looking for a Strat now.