Just recently bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112V

MichuMichu Posts: 5Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Just recently bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112V and trying to learn to play it. Previously bought a Hondo Gibson copy some thirty years ago but just gave up on it, never seemed to find the time to sit down and learn.
So now going to give it another go, enjoying the Yamaha.

Still have the Hondo and a Kay practise amp bought at the same time and now using, but really should buy a new amp

Comments

• LesterLester Posts: 1,575Member, Moderator
    Welcome Michu. I have no idea about Hondo guitars but the Pacifica has had a solid reputation since its inception so you should do well with that one.

Do you have a good teacher?
  • funkz73funkz73 Posts: 216Member
    welcome michu, keep at it mate its worth it in the end
  • MichuMichu Posts: 5Member
    Originally Posted By: Lester
    Welcome Michu. I have no idea about Hondo guitars but the Pacifica has had a solid reputation since its inception so you should do well with that one.

Do you have a good teacher?

No teacher, just picking up stuff on You Tube
    Originally Posted By: Michu
    ... thirty years ago but ... never seemed to find the time to sit down and learn.

I don't want to a prophet of doom but it takes someone with amazing drive and discipline to learn by "just picking up stuff". I'd recommend picking a course. You can start (and go an awful long way) with www.justinguitar.com
  • money4nothingmoney4nothing Posts: 169Member
    I don't want to a prophet of doom but it takes someone with amazing drive and discipline to learn by "just picking up stuff". I'd recommend picking a course. You can start (and go an awful long way) with www.justinguitar.com

wise words there, welcome to the forum buddy wink
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,871Member, Moderator
    Welcome Michu. The Yamaha Pacifica 112 is a great starter guitar. I started my grandson on one and he is now playing, writing and recording.
    For an excellent starter (and beyond) course I would recommend Gibson Learn and Master Guitar. It is a DVD, CD set and costs about £60 but is excellent value for money. lester will second that for sure.
    Originally Posted By: Jocko
    I would recommend Gibson Learn and Master Guitar. lester will second that for sure.

Absolutely!
  • MichuMichu Posts: 5Member
    ... thirty years ago but ... never seemed to find the time to sit down and learn.

Excellent site , cheers Lester
  • Mark PMark P Posts: 2,267Member
    Belated welcome to the forum Michu. smile

Add my name to the list of those saying that the Pacifica is a good choice of starter guitar. Will take you further than a lot of starter guitars before needing to upgrade.
  • martinsmith99martinsmith99 Posts: 368Member
    Greetings from over the bridge!
    edited March 2017
    Hello Martin.

Tell us about about yourself. What do you play? Guitar, songs, style(s). What guitar(s) do you have and how long have you been playing? Do you play in yoiur bedroom or on stage? Solo or in a band? And some here will want to know whether you tinker with your guitars or just play them.
  • MaceMace Posts: 5Member
    Hi - I have learned one real important thing over the last ten years if you want to improve you have to make time for practice. The second most important thing is what you do when you practice. You need to make sure what you are doing is correct as repeating the wrong things just makes it worse.
    Patience is key, keep going.