Hello

TannersHatchTannersHatch Posts: 9Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello.

Im luke. I live in sussex. Been playing bout 15 years. Only just getting into what I would consider to be higher end guitars. Im a big fan of Crafter's. I work as a locksmith. I enjoy a lot of different styles of music but John Martyn, Eric Clapton, the usuall collection of blues from people like Bill Broonzy and muddy waters, Bread, the Eagles, Jethro Tull, The Doors, Flettwood Mac, and any other obvious 70's rock band it seems. and I heavily edited this post cos I just re-read it and thought I sounded like a $%&*. Hi!

Comments

• Mark PMark P Posts: 2,301Member
    Welcome to the forum Luke. smile Hope you enjoy it here.

Like your list of groups and players there - if you like the blues you can't be a $%&*. laugh
  • TannersHatchTannersHatch Posts: 9Member
    Hi Mark P.

Many thanks for the welcome mate
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,598Member, Moderator
    Tanners Hatch, my favourite Youth Hostel! Welcome to the forum.
    ITS MY FAVOURITE YHA TOO!!!!! yes! another TannersHatcher! I but I dont suppose you would remember the days of Graham the warden? Never the same after he left....
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,598Member, Moderator
    edited March 2017
    I hadn't remembered his name but no, you cannot forget Graham. IIRC there was a guy who filled in for a while when Graham left and then a young girl took on the place. I liked her style and attitude. Very different to Graham but, I felt at the time, she was an asset for YHA as she had her heart in what the YHA was about while bringing something of a practical sensibility that hostels need if they are to survive. As you say, it couldn't be the same as it was in Graham's era - which was something like a 30 year stint, I think. It was a long time, anyway.
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,950Member, Moderator
    Welcome Luke. Some fine influences there.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 875Member
    Welcome Luke.
    edited March 2017
    thanks for the welcome people!

Originally Posted By: Lester
    I hadn't remembered his name but no, you cannot forget Graham. IIRC there was a guy who filled in for a while when Graham left and then a young girl took on the place. I liked her style and attitude. Very different to Graham but, I felt at the time, she was an asset for YHA as she had her heart in what the YHA was about while bringing something of a practical sensibility that hostels need if they are to survive. As you say, it couldn't be the same as it was in Graham's era - which was something like a 30 year stint, I think. It was a long time, anyway.

yeah thats right, a slim brunette I seem to remember, she was very keen on chickens and filled the hostel with them (i thought it was great but unfortunately so did the local foxes) she didnt stay long. I know what your saying about the practical sensibility, when i was younger everyone would get up and really pitch in the day to day running of the place (chopping wood, fixing thing cleaning etc) but that seems to have been lost in the more modernised running of it. I guess people just expect differerent things from a yha than they did in the past, which is a real shame. If it was up to me it would be back to the tilly lamps and the ancient and potentially dangerous 4 story bunks. I remember thjey used to have some great music nights there.....