Oh, why do I keep looking at the staff notice board?

JockoJocko Posts: 6,871Member, Moderator
edited August 2016 in Personal Diaries
Once again I am tempted by a guitar on the staff notice board here at work.
On first look, yesterday, there was a cherry Vintage SG for £90. It looked immaculate in the photo but I was able to thole myself by the fact it is just a poorer version of my Gypsy II (all be it my Gypsy II is modelled on the Gibson SG). However the next time I looked there was a gorgeous Fender Stratocaster FSR, in black, and that has really got me gassing.
I am an avid Strat man, with four of them in my harem, but none are Fender. The seller is asking for £340 for it and as I was paid yesterday the temptation is extremely high.
Oh, why do I keep looking at the staff notice board?

Comments

• MegiMegi Posts: 6,827Member
    Resist, resist! Just showing my ignorance, but what does "FSR" stand for?
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    edited August 2016
     Originally Posted By: Megi
    ... what does "FSR" stand for?

Factory Special Run
     Originally Posted By: Lester
     Originally Posted By: Megi
    ... what does "FSR" stand for?

Factory Special Run
    Thanks Lester, interesting - so limited runs, built to spec for individual guitar dealers. What specs does the FSR strat on your notice board have I wonder Jocko?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Posts: 355Member
    If it's a mexi strat the FSR ones are usually specific finish combinations. I know they've done blonde/blackguard standard teles and all-black strats as FSRs in the last couple of years
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,871Member, Moderator
    It's all black, including the headstock. All it says is it has a button for increased gain !? Don't want to phone and ask about it or I will end up going along and trying it, then I will probably buy it, then I'll need a hard case....... We've all been there.
    The black headstock doesn't appeal to me I have to say, or the gain button for that matter! Lots of guitars out there anyway, plenty of fish in the sea, no need to go rushing after this particular one. What about the building route - a blond "sister" for your lovely telecaster perhaps? All the fun of choosing the parts, pickups etc? ;\)
  • Ape09090Ape09090 Posts: 2,744Member
    Go and check it out Jocko but steel yourself to part with one of your Squiers if you do acquire it...

that way at least you won't need to buy another case.
  • lancpudnlancpudn Posts: 1,393Member
    Curiosity would get the better of me and i'd have to check it out. Iv'e never played a strat with humbuckers and that "passing lane switch" sounds interesting. Thats if its the same model i'm thinking about! http://www.gak.co.uk/en/fender-fsr-stratocaster-hsh-hardtail-flat-charcoal/56414
  • JockoJocko Posts: 6,871Member, Moderator
    That's the one. After seeing what GAK are selling it at the second hand one is not such a great bargain. Besides, I could not part with one of my Squiers. Everyone has had something different done to it.
    Think I will stick with what I have at present. I still intend building another Tele, and I want to build a matching Strat for my Tru-caster. There is also the Tele bass project in the pipeline.
    If I buy another guitar then I will be giving Richard's DBZ Imperial FM a serious look. Even Mrs Jocko was enthusing over it when I showed her the photos. Partly I think because it woildn't be getting built in her kitchen or on the dining room table, like the others!