My names Kevin and I don't have a problem

1235»

Comments

• Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 3,044Member
    Yup. I love an old, gig-worn instrument. Like my own.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 876Member
    @Nicolaspaul they are the original pickups except that the bridge HB had to have a coil rewound about 3 years ago. It's stock otherwise and I even have the case candy and hang tags, not sure what it's worth as they hang about when offered for sale but I've recently seen one for thousands on an auction site. Anyway this guitar is not for sale and is being left to one of my sons because of it's legacy.
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 860Member
    I dont blame you for not wanting to sell. What a great plan :) and one lucky boy!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 876Member
    Nothing much new here. Several gigs with the funk band and I'm still rehearsing with a changed lineup on the new country rock outfit. Not gig ready yet because the singer gigs with his dad a lot and so regular rehearsals don't happen.
    Gear wise the only addition a couple of months back was a EH MEL9 pedal. I remember the demo videos when they first came out and quite liked the idea, although I had no use for one. Well keys player in the country rock band fell by the wayside so I figured going to a 4 piece with acoustic and electric guitar was all the excuse I needed.
    It's a bit of a gimmick (surprised!) but I have found a couple of uses for it and I've had fun messing about at home from time to time.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it ended up sold again in a year or two after I've had my fun.

Otherwise no deps at present so easy life.
  • MegiMegi Posts: 7,065Member
    Still always nice to hear what's been going on ES, and glad you've still got a few things on the burner. I don't think I've been gigging as long as you, but I have found that there are some bands that don't really rehearse enough (or ever in the case of one!), and others that seem to call rehearsals at the drop of a hat, when they won't really make much difference - neither situation is ideal! :D I'll have a look at the EH MEL9 on Youtube - they do make some fun stuff I must say. :)