My names Kevin and I don't have a problem

124»

Comments

• Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 758Member

I've told him on more than one occasion EXACTLY where he can plug his drum mic in, let me tell you!

Let me guess...somewhere that gives a much better low end response?

:-D
    edited March 30

@"Screaming Dave" so your name is Dave?!

No, it's Norman
  • Kevin PeatKevin Peat Posts: 2,743Member
    LOL. (The Dave comment.)

LOL. (The Dave comment.)

Sounds like a hard-hitting, late-night investigative journalism programme
    It does !
  • nicholaspaulnicholaspaul Posts: 517Member
    edited March 30
    "Tonight... on The Dave Comment... We meet Pat and find out why he needs so much testing...We take you deep inside the bass bins and find out where they go during the week... PLUS a DAVE COMMENT EXCLUSIVE ....What is with all that screaming?...stay tuned...over to you, Norman"
    Thank you, and good evening. Well, first of all on "The Dave Comment" tonight, we talk to a man who has conducted research which he says proves beyond all reasonable doubt that the more LED's an effects unit has, the better it sounds. Good evening, Dr Franz Flickenlichten. First of all, Dr Flickenlichten, who the Hell funded such a pointless piece of research?
    Guten Abend, vell, I vould like to sank you for letteeng me arn dees show. Dees projekt you speak off vars farnded by a few leetl teeny veeny books dat I have published. Particularly, zee bestseller "Tiny Changes you can make to your guitar that nobody will hear but you" and my favourite, "Only Wimps Play Vit Strings Lower Than 11s". You can find zem at any bookstore...
    Ah yes, I believe Eric Johnson wrote the foreword to your book "Tiny Changes You Can Make To Your Guitar the Nobody Will Hear But You". And I believe you have a new book out soon, "An A-Z of 9V Batteries and How They Will Affect Your Sound".
    Yah yah, dees ees troo...my new book also comes mit a tiny secrew driver to adjust your pedal back plates to exACTly ze right place to get ze maximum tone. Yah. Is guht, no?
    edited March 31
    *Heckles from the audience*

"Tell us about the Bigsby scandal !"

------------------------- "Will you be signing the Right-to-Relic petition ?"

"Freedom for experimental pups !"
    edited March 31
    Now, now .... calm it down, ladies and gentlemen. Give the good Herr Doktor a chance to defend his crimes against guitar-dom .... sorry, to explain himself.

So, come on, Doktor Flickenlichten, or should I say ..... Professor Deathmetal!!! Yes, we know it's you, professor! Come, on, what about the Bigsby scandal, eh?

(turns to camera)

Well, we got the good Doktor/professor, to take a lie detector test earlier .... we'll be back with the results after the break ....
    o o
    ___
    edited April 1
    *Further heckles from the audience - after many 'oohs' at the 'Deathmetal' reveal*

"Stop the fiddling !"

Cuts to advert about whiter than white washing powder

• ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 796Member
    We had a rehearsal one sunday afternoon a few weeks ago and a couple of young lads came along and videod some of the action, single mic on the camera and then they created a montage of moving images to accompany the sound.

Quite good use of the technology, they did a nice job for school kids.

I'm the fat ugly bloke with the 335.
    More talented than Bananarama.
    Where the fat ugly bloke? Is he hiding beyond the talented gentleman getting his groove on?

Those singers sound fantastic! Great harmonies.
    We had a mid week holiday camp gig last week, this time of year it tends to be pensioners getting cheap deals there but we have to keep the agent happy. We went down very well and have one more later into the season on a sunday evening.
    Anyway my pedal board starts with a Radial input switcher so I can mute all inputs or tap the other switch and select a guita, pick it up and start playing without that nasty pause and Kqqqqllliccckkkkzzzzz as you plug in. Well the selector switch failed so I was back to mute and swap the lead, thats the second time one of these units has failed on me in the same way so the decision was to go wireless. I had emailed a small independent maker called smooth hound earlier this year about multiple transmitters and a single receiver and he explained it was common and people did it with his system all the time. Online reviews seemed good and service got a big thumbs up. So £300 later I have ordered three transmitters and a receiver Fridal late morning. Ten past eight Saturday morning the package turns up! the units are alreagdy 'synced' together and talking to the receiver. Push the on button for one second and the transmitter is live, push for off and pick up the next guitar, push for one second and it's now the live guitar.
    Not used it in anger yet but the signal easily gets around my little house.
    So a bit of GAS there that i got excited about. Smoothhound are based in Cambridge if anyone else is interested.
    Cambridge is just down the A14 for me. I'll have to check them out.
    That's a really interesting story, because I've toyed with the idea of using a wireless for a while. I swap a couple of guitars and a bass around a lot when I'm looping and can end up with a nice pile of spaghetti at my feet if I'm not careful. A wireless would certainly help cut down on the trip hazards and distractions that will make me lose my place.
    I usually need to know my place...or so I'm told.
    Three transmitters into one receiver sounds like a good plan. I'll watch this space for the Used in Anger segment. (love that phrase :) )
    This week will be steady activity. I provided the PA for the local raft race Sunday, tomorrow is rehearsal refresher for the country band who are gigging Friday. Thursday is rehearsal with the funk band and a new keys player before A full session in the studio Sunday. The following Friday I have a gig with the func band at the same venue as the country band is at this week, better wear a different set of spandex else they'll smell a fish.
    edited June 5
    Cor you are kept busy!
    I think I'd rather not know that your spandex smells like fish....