Recommend a good guitar wireless system

SmiggerSmigger Posts: 9Member
Can anyone recommend a good guitar wireless system? Preferably one without a belt pack transmitter.

Comments

• Screaming DaveScreaming Dave Posts: 764Member
    Any idea how well it works? It looks awful hung on the front of the guitar like that, but a short lead would mean you could strap it to your strap or slip it in your back pocket.
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    I have no idea how either sound but I don't doubt that they work okay.

I prefer carrying the weight of the transmitter than having it dangle off the guitar like those two devices. That said, one of my two usual places for the transmitter is on the guitar strap. My other usual place, if I have to change guitars, is in my pocket.
    I had an Alesis digital wireless device for a very short time, but it wasn't good. The main problem was that the output from the receiver was less than from the guitar with a lead, even when turned up full, so not much good for driving the amp
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Posts: 823Member
    There is a Cambridge based company that have developed and marketed thier own device. It is starting to get a very good reputation for reliability and service.

Indeed I am contemplating one (or three as it happens) to replace the cables and switches so I can pick up and use multiple guitars in a gig setting.

http://www.smoothhound-innovations.com/
  • LesterLester Posts: 1,530Member, Moderator
    edited April 12
    Well done, ESB, that's the one I saw recently. The two I posted above were what Google found for me when I was trying to track down the one you linked to. It does seem to be a practical possibility for condensing the transmitter and cable into a jack plug attachment.

My first wireless was a perfectly good analogue Nady when digital was unheard of. Technology is moving us forward at quite a rate. I hope that Screaming Dave's experience can now be assigned to history; mabe it was too early in the digital era, when the technology was leading edge but not yet fully up to the task.
    It was only about 18 months ago, certainly well after Line 6 brought their systems out. My son has a Line 6 which he seems happy with.
    The Smooth Hound looks good, and it's cheaper than the Line 6