What do you think compared to the old look.

Richard - Richards GuitarsRichard - Richards Guitars Posts: 679Member
edited April 2017 in Community Feedback
What do you think compared to the old look.

No frames.
Much easier access to the sections in the catalogue.

Please don't say you hate it...

Comments

• Options
    For navigation, it's certainly much easier to use. \:D

But that whole purple thing with the stripey background is, to be quite frank (rather than my usual Pete), dire. White worked fine, I reckon, especially as a lot of your images have white backgrounds.
  • Options
    the buttons to the right are messed up tho :s, unless i caught it before u managed to finish the website.
  • Options
    Hate to say it but I preferred the old (could just be because I was more familiar with the old stylee). If I were you though I'd take the Samick 6040 Tele off the "Electric Guitars" homepage - it's a bit too prominently placed for a guitar you don't sell....!

Just thought I'd say \:\)
    Chris
  • Options
    I like it, but when is this months winner goin to be announced???
  •  Quote:
    Originally posted by Maturecheddar:
    the buttons to the right are messed up tho :s, unless i caught it before u managed to finish the website.

I think you checked it whilst it was uploading -either that or your cimputer has cached some previous images. Check it again.

I thought this new layout was miles better as it gets you from a-b so much quicker + you do not have to use frames (loads of our customers come via search engines originally and get confused without the left/top frames in place.

I have also calmed down the "lines" effect since the post shown above.

I am getting depressed....... \:\(
  •  Quote:
    Originally posted by lordnazgul:
    I like it, but when is this months winner goin to be announced???

Ah - 1 positive vote!!

I'll try and get the string winner up today...
  • GuitarwolfGuitarwolf Posts: 1,987Member
    It,s Gets my vote Richard \:\)

Think it looks miles better.....

The first time I visited Regent was from Google..so can see why you,ve done it as I found it confusing

Think it also looks cleaner and in General seems easier to read .

Keep up the good wrk

Wolf ;\)
  • Options
    I love it!!

Extremely easy to get from one section to another, the colours look nice (not too bright and dazzling), especially like the buttons down the right hand side - very professional!!

As for the pictures, I have to disagree with Pedro (sorry! \:o ). I quite like the white backgrounds - makes them stand out more, and with most of the writing in white as well, I think it fits together very nicely. \:D

James
  • Thank god!!

I was so scared that it was a blanket NO vote!!

I have made one or two changes since the other guys commented so perhaps they will get back to me if their minds have changed in any way.

I do hope the rest of the forum like it as I am totally paranoid of driving people away with a bad website "development"!!
  • Options
    I like it. There are acoupoe of things that could be worked on:

1. Alot of the images of guitars have transparent backgrounds, which worked fine on the white background, but there's a dodgy white outline that shows up.

2. If I didn't know otherwise, it looks like you only stock electric packages, acoutic packages etc. I had to search around a bit until I found the 'sections' button.

3. The font size looks alot better on my screen (800x600) when turned down to smaller. It fits alot better.

4. It could be made to look more personal? .. maybe a "ring or email us at... for more information about any of these guitars".

I think it looks good though, and solved the problems that come with frames and searh engines.
  • Options
    you still spelt the name of the jackson rhoads' wrong :rolleyes:

its spelt rHoads not roads

anyway, the catalouge is lookign nice nice now(not that it didnt before but now its even nicer)

thats a thumbs up vote from me

David
  •  Quote:
    Originally posted by The Enema:
    you still spelt the name of the jackson rhoads' wrong :rolleyes:

its spelt rHoads not roads

anyway, the catalouge is lookign nice nice now(not that it didnt before but now its even nicer)

thats a thumbs up vote from me

David

Oops - thanks!
    ;\)

I am in the process of changing it again following comments from above. By about 7.30 the changes should be showing - hopefully the changes will highlight the service aspect which is what we have built our reputation on. Fingers crossed... \:\)
  • TommyTommy Posts: 147Member
    Well... its pretty good, but the first catalogue page is waaaaaay too big in my humble opinion. Very cool folder tab things on the top though!
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Tommy:
    Well... its pretty good, but the first catalogue page is waaaaaay too big in my humble opinion. Very cool folder tab things on the top though!

Yeah, i'm diggin' the tabs.
  • Paladin2019Paladin2019 Posts: 1,607Member
    The links change size horribly when hovering over them - my eyes! my eyes! They BURN!

Plus I can't click on a few of the bottom email addys because of this - I'm viewing at 800*600, btw.

I just looked at the Yamaha acoustics section and the manufacturer link was yellow, going blue when hovering over it. On a blue background, this is bad.

Otherwise - nice!

[ 09 November 2002: Message edited by: Paladin2019 ]
  • Options
    I like the new look a lot - the index tab things are especially helpful for quick browsing. All in all a lot more simple & easier than the old pages with frames.

Now all I'm waiting for is the new all-acoustic website!

[ 11 November 2002: Message edited by: Niall ]
  • Options
    Like the tabs, like the look.
    But, still ifnd hte pages genrally over fussy (too much on them) and the purple doesn't make a good background for some of the pictures.
  • RhodesRhodes Posts: 1,584Member
    I much prefer the look of the new website. It is just so much easier to navigate - especially, I am sure, for those who don't spend half their life drooling over guitars and things they would love to be able to afford.

There are a few inconsistencies on the website. Would Regent be interested in knowing about them as I find them? I don't want to seem too picky, but am happy to be if it would be helpful...!

[ 12 November 2002: Message edited by: Rhodes ]
  • Options
    I like it - it seems more intuitive. Only point as a new user is that you don't necessarily know what you want to look at in the way of brands. I like the retention of the 'lefties' hotlink - we may not be great in number, but we're luvverly people and we like to be catered for!
  • Options
    i like frames.. but it looks good n e way!!!
  • Options
     Quote:
    Originally posted by la_fleche:
    I like the retention of the 'lefties' hotlink - we may not be great in number, but we're luvverly people and we like to be catered for!

I agree we have money and we need to by guitars. Is there any chance of more lefty stuff in the future?
  • Andy VarneyAndy Varney Posts: 882Member
    I really like it. It is so much esier to navigate than the old site.

I think if you show a product as the link to that section the product details need to be available, I clicked on the Peavy Passport PA photo but couldn't find any details about it in the PA section.

Overall very nice.

Andy.
  • Options
    Lookin okay to me ;\)
  • RichieRichie Posts: 31Member
    I like it \:\) (And I'm not one for changes for changes sake!)