Cort or Vintage Stingray Bass

LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
edited March 2017 in Guitar Chat
Went to a music store today and tried out both the Cort (again, but this time in gorgeous trans red) and the Vintage Stingray Bass.

Wow! That's all I can say.........

I was completly blown away by both, in the Cort's case....I can't ever see a reason for buying Squier or Epiphone, like Rich says, it feels and sounds sooo good! Definatly a step up, incredibly tidily built and a very professional guitar!

And the Vintage? Well, needless to say I was impressed......really has that musicman vibe and the sounds! It's active, which was a pleasant change, and looks nice (the model I played was natural). The weight was good, balance on the strap was good and the bass was quiet. I struggled a little with the neck (not being used to playing bass recently) but coped okay.

In short? Both are killer guitars that I would recommend everyone try out. Now!

Cheers,
James

Comments

• Its great to hear you mangaged to get your hands on the G250 - We have depatched about 20 or so now (since they came back in stock) so some other comments should hit the forum too!

I am so glad you liked the Vintage bass too as that is a model that I have not yet had the time to comment on but isn't it awesome?! Silly price too (around 230? - cannot remember).

The Vintage bass range have really done well this year and when we expand our "in store" display area Vintage will play an important role in budget bass guitars (as they do now)- along with Peavey and Cort (the new Cort basses arrived last week too but I am short of time to discuss...)

Bass players are really benefiting at the moment from some awesome bass guitars under £250!

Got to dash but really pleased that you liked the G250 - Spread the word! ;\) \:D (and remember who told you first!! \:D \:D )
  • Options
    You can get the Cort G-250 in red now?

Please tell me you have them in stock RG - the only thing that stopped me ordering one was the finish if you have them in another colour I'll buy one right now \:\)
  • Options
    Yeah, I was put off by the finish too. Not a sunburst fan - its too, well, brown for my liking.

Do you have piccys of the other finishes Mr Regent???
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
    Well.....I'm pretty sure it was the 250 model anyway.....everything else was the same apart from the colour.

The red is very similar to Parker's red on it's P38 and P40 - Deep without being too dark and nicely see-thru so you can see the grain of the body (which is pleasant without being too flashy a la epiphone).

Nice looking guitar that would head to head with many £500 guitars out there (Yammy's and Washburns).

Like I said, I was impressed - Not easy considering it didn't say 'Fender' on the headstock!

Cheers,
    James
  • Options
    Mr Regent,

Can you confirm or deny the existence of alternative finishes on these Corts?

I have a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent on something guitar-related...

The Cort website suggests that there are 3 finishes available but I can't find any photographic evidence to support this.
     Quote:
    Originally posted by SteveW:
    Mr Regent,

Can you confirm or deny the existence of alternative finishes on these Corts?

I have a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket waiting to be spent on something guitar-related...

The Cort website suggests that there are 3 finishes available but I can't find any photographic evidence to support this.

Steve,

Ring 01926 833389 and ask for Kieron he'll be your best bet for a quick answer.

Hope this helps,
    James
  • The man from Delmonte He say "YES!!!!!"

They come in thru red (lovely!!) and thru blue (not such a big fan myself)

All now in stock - We have more reds and sunburst but stock is going fast! ;\)
  • Options
    Hurah - damn where's my credit card.
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Regent Guitars:
    The man from Delmonte He say "YES!!!!!"

They come in thru red (lovely!!) and thru blue (not such a big fan myself)

All now in stock - We have more reds and sunburst but stock is going fast! ;\)

So, when do I start collecting my commision then?

;\)

Cheers,
    James
  • Options
    Well I managed to find my credit card and I expect delivery of a nice Shiny Red Cort 250 very soon \:\)
    I almost forgot to order a pack of strings \:\)
     Quote:
    Originally posted by kooper:
    Well I managed to find my credit card and I expect delivery of a nice Shiny Red Cort 250 very soon \:\)
    I almost forgot to order a pack of strings \:\)

Wahey! Congrats! Make sure we all get a review.......

Cheers,
    James
  • Options
    Can I see these anywhere (piccys???) or am I gonna have to get off my butt and try to find a shop with one in??
  • I am a bit tied for time this week but I will see if I can arrange something...No promises though! :p
  • Options
    Checked out the Cort in red at my local music store today (First time I was in there - never even knew it existed!!!!)

I have to say the red looked lovely if thats the same finish - a kind of darkish red, not quite cherry but certainly not the scarlet I had feared!!!

Only thing was the guitar seemed to have very cheapo looking hardware. A sort of grey plasticy looking metal. Different looking to the hardware on the sunburst in Regents catalogue.

Didn't get the chance to play it though so I'll maybe go back for a try out sometime soon.