'OLP' guitars

LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
edited March 2017 in Guitar Chat
In this months 'Guitar Buyer' they have an advert for 'OLP' guitars - produced under license from Ernie Ball Music Man. The range includes:

EVH Signature copy
Stingray Bass
Sabre Bass

The guitars look good and are VERY keenly priced....I guess they are new to the market - worth considering RG?

If anyone plays the EVH model, please let me know.....very tempting for just over £200

Cheers,
LooseMoose

Comments

• Options
    I've played three or four of these things in Birmingham (Bass Centre and the shop next door) and they are *nice*. To be honest a bass player would tell that they're not MusicMan basses but not by a lot, these things are sweet.

Me? I'ma get me one of these bad boys when some money comes up \:\)

They look bang on, build quality is good to very good, sound seemed to vary from 'nice enough for £200' to 'bloody hell, this thing is Only £200???'

Check 'em out, specially if you've always wanted a MusicMan \:\)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by StickMan:
    I've played three or four of these things in Birmingham (Bass Centre and the shop next door) and they are *nice*. To be honest a bass player would tell that they're not MusicMan basses but not by a lot, these things are sweet.

Me? I'ma get me one of these bad boys when some money comes up \:\)

They look bang on, build quality is good to very good, sound seemed to vary from 'nice enough for £200' to 'bloody hell, this thing is Only £200???'

Check 'em out, specially if you've always wanted a MusicMan \:\)

I must admit I've twice dallied with playing bass. If I were starting again? I'd probably buy one of the Stingray copies - they are THE bass to have, my Dad plays a fretless version of the Stingray, it sounds beautiful!

Cheers,
    Loose'Like I need another guitar!'Moose