Definatly fake

LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
edited March 2017 in Guitar Chat
Went into my local pawnbrokers this morning, just to see if there was anything nice in.

Found a fender strat for sale - £350. Okay.

Closer look revealed a cheap bridge, cheap replaced input jack, definatly plywood body and other weirdness. The back plate (also replaced with one ply black) was screwed on using brass screws with allen key heads.

The neck looked genuine, no name tuners, made in mexico logo.

BUT - The skunk stripe had been removed? WTF? Loads of cracked laquer around it.

I spoke to the shop keeper who assured me it was genuine! They had it checked out when they bought it!

All in all, definatly fake - someone has obviously stuck a Mexican fender neck (or logo) onto a POS body, made up of spare parts), the thing didn't even play, most notes just buzzed uncontrollably!

Crazy.....I just hope nobody is fooled by it!

Cheers,
LooseMoose

Comments

• Options
    I live in north Kent right, and I can't even FIND a pawn brokers that sell that sort of thing!

Hepburn
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Hepburn:
    I live in north Kent right, and I can't even FIND a pawn brokers that sell that sort of thing!

Hepburn

This shop does quite a trade in it....gets some okay stuff in occasionally.

I'm not going there again though, if they are honestly prepared to sell something that is not what it reports to be (never mind it's barely playable!)

Cheers,
    LooseMoose
  • Options
    I won't not go back!

just be careful, I mean you might miss that Tubescreamer for £50!

or other such items, I'd love to be able to pick up any sort of fx cheap, but everyonehere knows what they've got and goes to the guitar shop!

boohoo \:\(

Hepburn