Fallen in love with a guitar

nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
edited March 2017 in Guitar Chat
hey

i have recently fallen in love with a guitar, and it happens to be an ibanez.

Regentguitars don't stock them, (hopefully if this topic goes as planned they should consider them )

I was wondering if you could order "one-off" Ibanez guitars ?

do you guys out there think regent should stock them?

cheers

Comments

  • Options
    Yes they should cos I have my eye on one of the RG models \:\)
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    yup \:\)

    the one im after is the gsa60. bargain considering it retails at around £180.. theres a pic below (colours are black,jewel blue, mettalic grape)



    another one thats i want (about £100 more)is the SA-120........the guys in the states get it in this gorgeous candy apple red (we just get black and mettalic grape):



    it looks ok-ish in that picture but beleive me, that colour looks like heaven on that guitar ;\)
  • Options
    well if they did stock them I would be intreasted! as long as the price was right, but with a free setup.... how can it be wrong?

    Hepburn
  • Options
    I think it could be worth their while to stock them, I just had a look around the net for UK online shops that sell them and only found one retailer that has a decent selection. I've played a few at my local guitar shop and they are great guitars, besides how can Vai and Satch be wrong \:\)
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    glad to know you all know a nice guitar when you see one \:D

    Ibanez is currently my favourite guitar make and regentguitars are my first choice to go through when ordering a guitar.

    if we get enough people saying that they want ibanez (in this post) and get mr regent to see it have we got a chance ?

    \:\) ;\) \:\)
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    forgot to ask, can u buy ibanez parts separately?
  • Options
    I've played some really nice Ibanez guitars, and I think it would be brilliant if Regent stocked them - those necks play so fast and they are one of the best guitars i've ever played (next to a Gibson Flying V).

    Go regent!!!!! \:\)
  • Options
    I used to have an Ibanez Randy Rhoads offset Vee (well, my dad did!). It was white with black hardware.

    Its was a dream sounding/playing beast.

    R.G have to think about whether they will actually sell if they stock them.
    they dont want guitars onstock if they dont sell.

    Although, if they advertise it enough, they could get a lot of business as the only (online) Ibanez seller in the UK.

    Think about it R.G.

    When I look again, I may be up for it.
  • Options
    I would definitely consider buying one
  • Options
    Perhaps, but remember that Regent already stock Maverick & Palm Bay Guitars, which are both Ibanez/Jackson-alikes.

    The only Ibanez I really like is the chromeboy. But even if he did stock them, it'd have to be @ a substantial loss for me to afford one ;\)
  • Options
    Don't buy IBANEZ! PLEASE! \:\)

    Seriously, I was going for an Ibanez RG570, and they are seriously good guitars, but before you go and buy one make sure you try out the Mavericks. They are overall, a 'better' guitar (except the pickups nothing special and that I think the RG570 in Royal Blue is gorgeous). But with the money you save buying the Mav, you could put some new ones for less than the price of a stock RG570.

    The only thing I would say in Ibanez's defence are that the Prestige guitars are in a different league all together, and I really want a RG3120 \:D \:D
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    i ike ibanez guitars because the cheaper ranges are nice and light and just suit me really.
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    so how bout it rg? ;\)
  • Very interesting!

    It is definately now on my "wish list" and rising to the top...

    Ibanez are certainly a brand that would sit well with us - IE their prestige (and that mojo that I keep hearing about!!) and a Brand that people know and trust with a history of proven quality..

    Very interesting and watch this space...

    Thanks for the feedback guys. Thats what the forum is for - Chears.... ;\)
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    hehe cool!

    i just found another picture of this oh so lush guitar, sorry guys i couldnt resist putting it up!!:



    mmmmmmmm.....excessive drooling could short circuit the keyboard guys..watch out \:\)
  • Options
    But it only has 22 frets \:\)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
    Nice looking guitar!

    Must admit though, I really don't like the ibanez headstock....I think it would look sweet if it were colour coded with the rest of the guitar!

    But that's just me....picky! ;\)

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose
  • Options
    I think making the Ibanez logo the same colour as the body would be good, but if you meant to make the whole headstock the same colour i think that would just look horrible \:\)
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    yeah. with colour coded headstock it could either look good or majorly tacky, but who cares about that when youve got this gorgeous candy apple red finish ;\)
  • Okay okay - Have it your own way.

    I am going on holiday today for 2 weeks but when I get back I am meeting the Ibanez rep to discuss opening a dealership.

    Nice work guys - I just hope that every member of the forum buys at least 1 as a sign of gratitude!! \:D

    Imagine - Now you can browse all those lovely Ibanez guitars right here at Regent Guitars. Its gonna be a dirty job putting the guitars in the catalogue but someones got to do it (not!!!)_ \:D

    Seriously though - I have a great feeling about Ibanez and in all honesty it sometimes possible to think "Yes- Why the heck HAVENT we got those in our store!"

    So thanks for raising the issue and if they don't sell - I will be paying you all a visit - 1 by one...
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Regent Guitars:
    Okay okay - Have it your own way.

    I am going on holiday today for 2 weeks but when I get back I am meeting the Ibanez rep to discuss opening a dealership.

    Nice work guys - I just hope that every member of the forum buys at least 1 as a sign of gratitude!! \:D

    Imagine - Now you can browse all those lovely Ibanez guitars right here at Regent Guitars. Its gonna be a dirty job putting the guitars in the catalogue but someones got to do it (not!!!)_ \:D

    Seriously though - I have a great feeling about Ibanez and in all honesty it sometimes possible to think "Yes- Why the heck HAVENT we got those in our store!"

    So thanks for raising the issue and if they don't sell - I will be paying you all a visit - 1 by one...


    Wow! Now THAT's cool.....glad we could all be of service! ;\)

    Have a great holiday Rich!

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    woohooo!!!!! That's made my day now!!!! great stuff \:D \:D


    you can expect an order from me as soon as the minor problem of my cash flow sorts its self out ;\)

    enjoy your holiday!
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    just thought i'd put up a nice bunch of pretty pictures \:\)

    heres a sa160qm (also available in blue, both are gorgeous!)



    an s370 in deep violet flat...



    gsa60 in black...mmm



    nice huh?!
  • Options
    \:o thanks a lot for posting that black gsa60, now i want one too
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by Coma Darkmane:
    \:o thanks a lot for posting that black gsa60, now i want one too


    hehe. they go for £179 at most music stores. with regent's free setup how can it NOT be good?!
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
    S370...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

    Wow! THAT is one nice guitar! Any idea on prices?

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
    s370's go for around $480 in the states...so work that out yourself \:\)

    i think its between £350 and £400
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by nad:
    s370's go for around $480 in the states...so work that out yourself \:\)

    i think its between £350 and £400


    Sound's about right....seems a lot of guitar for the cash!

    I have NEVER been impressed with the look of Ibanez guitars....until now!

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose
  • nadnad Posts: 1,983Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by LooseMoose:

    I have NEVER been impressed with the look of Ibanez guitars....until now!

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose



    glad to know i was of service ;\)

    i never liked ibanez guitars because the ones i saw were the pointy rock guitars (dont really like them ;\) ) but any of the guitars in the "S series" have the most wonderful curvy bodies and glossy finishes.

    im stuck between the love of an ibanez (one very similar to the S370) and one of the new les paul's (blue..GORGEOUS in real life).

    any ideas on how to choose between them (not flip a coin ;)) loosemoose? you seem to know your stuff.

    ;\)
  • LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 1,716Member
     Quote:
    Originally posted by nad:



    glad to know i was of service ;\)

    i never liked ibanez guitars because the ones i saw were the pointy rock guitars (dont really like them ;\) ) but any of the guitars in the "S series" have the most wonderful curvy bodies and glossy finishes.

    im stuck between the love of an ibanez (one very similar to the S370) and one of the new les paul's (blue..GORGEOUS in real life).

    any ideas on how to choose between them (not flip a coin ;)) loosemoose? you seem to know your stuff.

    ;\)


    Hmmmm...paper, rock, scissors, stone? ;\)

    Talking from a personal view, I think the Ibanez will prove to be a better guitar in the long term.

    I've had numerous problems with Epiphones, and to me, even when set up well, they are not great guitars as stock. The nuts are always really cheap plastic and badly cut...the machineheads are vague and the pickup selectors wear pretty badly.

    Ibanez stuff, even the budget, seems pretty good, the guitar is loads lighter (or should be) and you're buying the real thing, not a copy!

    They are two very different guitars, particularly in the neck dimensions, the Ibanez has a thinner (although not too thin) neck than the Epi.

    So, to sum up? Ibanez....but that's just my opinion ;\)

    Cheers,
    LooseMoose
Sign In or Register to comment.